Sharing What We Know... My Genealogy Tip for Mar 24

@Hate2Iron (7356)
Yes, I'm still working on the family tree, but I will probably bounce around a lot, but I thought that I would share while it's fresh on my mind. If you are researching a California birth record, they are only available from 1905 to 1995. Before or after... just isn't going to happen... at least right now! Hope that I didn't burst anyone's bubble! :(
My ancestors were all born in Italy, all in the north. There is a possibility that my very ancient ancestors were of Celtic origin. I have checked the map and in fact the Celts populated the area where my ancestors were born.
@Hate2Iron (7356)
I haven't worked on an Italian family tree yet, but my niece just married into an Italian family, so I might be in the near future!!
@Hate2Iron It's hard to obtain old documents in Italy, it's almost impossible to obtain your own full certificate of birth.
@Marcyaz (36111)
I am not looking for a California birth record but for those who are hope you will still be able to find what you are looking for.
@Hate2Iron (7356)
There are always lots of little ways around it but I just didn't want anyone wasting their time looking when they would never be found!!
@Marcyaz (36111)
@Hate2Iron Yep that would be a waste of time.
No bubble burst here. All my ancestors never made it past IL. Whew.
@Hate2Iron (7356)
Now you are one of the lucky ones. Mine are all over the place. I even found one in Constantinople, My husband swears that is where my coloring comes from! The rest of me all across Europe. It seems that my family never settled down for long.