I think I'll pass on giving our cat a bath

Brookville, Pennsylvania
One of our cats Crash - who is black and white, by the way - just had kittens a couple of days ago behind some straw bales in our barn. Also, a couple of days ago something tangled with a skunk out in our barn. I don't know if it was Crash who tangled with the skunk, or if she's just picked up the scent by being around it, but tonight I noticed that she smelled of skunk. Now the classic way to get skunk off a dog is to give them a bath with tomato sauce. I think I'll just let it wear off.
But why? It is total hogwash that cats don't like to be given baths. Why, I gave mine a bath the other day, and he loved i! Of course, I did have trouble getting all the fur off of my tongue when I was done, but...
• Brookville, Pennsylvania
@jolietjake That is a cute story about getting fur off the tongue Can;t give you tips to get the cat hair off your tongue;ol! Have a watch and wipe the tongue off periodically next time Scarr gets a bath! But i think Scar is supposed to do the licking of himself lol!
@oneoveralpha Why does tomato sauce help skunk smell I always wondered? I have heard tomato juice, but the idea is the same you know more than me as I never saw a skunk around my home. Hope Crash starts to smell better soon! Dio the little kitties smell like a skunk too? Hope those little ones smell fresh!
I hope it wears off. Cats hate baths.
@msiduri (5743)
Poor kitty. Imagine what it smells like to her. But yeah, blood sacrifice to bathe a cat.