The worst earwig ever, in the history of ever

Centralia, Missouri
Thanks to...someone. -cough J cough J- I have Queen's 'Somebody to love' stuck in my head now. Which is, while annoying, at least a break from having ABBA's Chiquitita stuck in my head, which it has been for days now.... Drat. Thinking of it made me swap earwigs again. AHHHHHHHH There are even lists of the worst earwigs ever....and I just found a website that claims to automatically calculate this. ( http://earwurm.com/earworst/ ) What is your worst, or best I guess depending on how one looks at it, earwig? (Earwig, aka song that gets stuck in your head for excessive amounts of time, rather like a college kid that moved back home and is now 35 and still living in your basement...)
The Macarana song comes to mind. I don't remember the Chiquitita song. But I do like the Somebody to Love one.
here it is
Music video by Abba performing Chiquitita. (C) 1979 Polar Music International AB
@hereandthere I like had you had to share the ABBA song, so she might have that one stuck too, hehehe. @Susan2015 for whatever reason Macarana never got stuck for me, perhaps because I gravitate to certain chord cycles, and things with power chords.
Occasionally, Barry Manilow's 'This One's For You' gets in there and refuses to leave
Things that drive me insane part I
and yes, I am blaming YOU for the queen that's still rolling around in my head and was what I heard when I woke up this morning, LOL
Bye Bye Miss American Pie.....
yep, that is a total earwig, lol
@Jessicalynnt But I actually love that song, I know every word.
@AbbyGreenhill I love most of the earwigs that I have, to be honest. most anyways
• Peoria, Arizona
I get all sorts of songs stuck in my head. Even songs I have no listened to in YEARS. It is really funny because there is one song that I literally just get to call myself an A-hole. It is terrible but it is a good song. I also have had Gangster's Paradise stuck in my head. I'm not a person for rap but I love that song.
that is a pretty good song, and yeah I have had it stuck too. There are a FEW rap songs I like (like this one for instance ) Anyone who can rap about circumference of a table is impressive lol.
King Arthur consults his most trusted and valuable knight: Sir Mix-A-Lot. (Original airdate 10/05/08) Watch Full Episodes: http://asw.im/5MhCiQ SUBSCRIBE: ht...
@alberello75 (17561)
• Genova, Italy
I know the concept inherent in some song that remains "in our heads" for an undefined period of time. I find no logical explanation as to how the mind works on this "event". The mind is very complicated. I know something about, also because unfortunately I'm mental disable and it happens that harmful thoughts, "hammering" my mind for long periods of time! But you must know that the "harmful" thoughts are infinitely worse than the "rhythmic verses", which sometimes we have in our mind!
maybe the songs would drowned out the thoughts! I know a bit of this, having my own issues with panic, the mind can be a complicated messed up creature
@alberello75 (17561)
• Genova, Italy
@Jessicalynnt Yes, you're absolutely right!
• Preston, England
it is usually songs we hate rather than songs we love though I get frustrated knowing just a few lines and not the full song that haunts me
• Preston, England
@Jessicalynnt I have ended up looking up lyrics to escape such tunes many times
@puddleglum (1418)
Happy Together by the Turtles is one that gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it.
Yeah, that's a good earwig, and at least a, dare I say, happy song, to get stuck rather than a slow sad one... hehehe
@Jessicalynnt That's true; it does make me smile.
Now you have me hearing both those songs
hopefully not at the same time. lol
@hereandthere (31160)
yeah, there was one song constantly playing in my head for almost 2 weeks, then another one for a shorter period, but i can't remember the titles now. hope i never do so it doesn't start all over again!
hehehe I'd start guessing, but if I got it right and you got it stuck again..... mwhahahaa
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My worst of late has been "Me and Julio Down By The School Yard." It starts playing through my head every morning when my students show up for class. I don't know why.
I'd be tempted to have a radio on low of some OTHER song after a few days of that
WELL! thank you both.. somebody to love.....
mwhahahaha, yes, share the evil song.
@FourWalls (13787)
Cool, I only know seven of those songs on today's "worst" ear worm list...and I hardly call "Only You (And You Alone)" a bad song to get stuck in one's head. I have developed a way to "help" alleviate the situation. I made a playlist on my iPod that I call "Top 50 Overplayed." They're the songs that tend to get stuck in my head, so I just put them all together on a playlist. Playing one after the other tends to eliminate the problem. Current #1 song on the list: "Sonny's Dream" by Christy Moore.
A Great Song performed by the legend that is Christy Moore. My father always used to Sing this song lol. Enjoy
hmmmn, I could start working on an earwig song list on youtube, maybe that would help me as well!
@kevin1877uk (36976)
There are a few which get stuck in my head, annoying at times.