Running Out of Steam

@Hate2Iron (7664)
It's only mid afternoon and I'm starting to yawn. It's a good thing that I have crossed most things off my to-do list. Maybe I need some me time each day to get over this slump. Is there anything wrong with taking an hour a day to do something that is not work oriented? If you were given a free hour to do anything you would like to do, what would it be?
Unrelated to the computer - I would go and find a place I could look out over the bay and just relax in the peace found there.
@Hate2Iron (7664)
To look out over the bay... that sounds pretty relaxing to me!! Now if I could just find one lol!
@Hate2Iron We have them, finding one that's open and accessible is another thing, though now that the snow is gone it shouldn't be quite so hard.
If I had a free hour, it would most likely be to take a nap!
@Hate2Iron (7664)
I hate to give in but when I do... it does feel good!!
@miniam (9244)
• Bern, Switzerland
I would gladly take the hour thanks very much then i will use it to sleep
@Marcyaz (35766)
I would sit out on the porch and just watch the dogs play out in the yard and just admire the fields and sky up above.
@Hate2Iron (7664)
that does sound awfully relaxing. You must be one lady who hardly ever experiences stress!!
@Marcyaz (35766)
@Hate2Iron I try not to get stressed out and I do try to just relax and enjoy each day I now have.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking an hour each day to devote to doing something relaxing that you enjoy. We all need a break for our sanity! If we don't ever get a way to destress ourselves then it just builds up and builds up. Usually once my kids are in bed I feel that is my quite time to myself to relax. I usually read a book or come here to mylot or go on facebook.
@Hate2Iron (7664)
When the kids were little, when they were in bed, I loved to indulge in a nice hot bubble bath. What ever happened to THAT me?? Its in and out of the shower to look at my to-do list. I want that bubble bath again!
@Hate2Iron I always get too tired if take a bubble bath and read. I feel like I waste too much time if I take a bath.
I'd probably spend my free hour on here! And mid-afternoon is when I start to feel the need for a nap.
@Hate2Iron (7664)
I think that we are all thinking along the same lines!! today, the weather will be perfect for a nap!
I have been taking naps for years.A nice thirty five.Nothing wrong.Have you heard the latest nap is good for you
@Hate2Iron (7664)
Isn't it funny... I can go to bed early, without a thought, but I really don't want to take a nap unless I'm REALLY tired or feeling sick. I should be more like my dad... a nap every afternoon like clock work!
Right now, I am out of steam too, I think I need a short nap.
@Hate2Iron (7664)
I usually have to be told to go and take a nap and then I go kicking and screaming... but when I do give in, I'm out like a light pretty quickly!
With most of my free time I come here usually. This is my relaxation that I need each day. =)