National Dog Day

Dog days
@Marcyaz (36125)
Today 04-11-2016 National Dog Day is a day to celebrate the unconditional love our pets give to us. Some towns are having parades with their pets as the main attraction dressed up. Do you dress up your dogs for National Dog Day? If you said no look at the picture for some ideas, isn't she cute? Unfortunately my two dogs did not leave their outfits on for long so I can't show you their picture.
Hooray for National Dog Day! Molly will not allow us to dress her up. The groomer put bows in her hair and she is not happy with those bows one bit.
@Marcyaz (36125)
@Corbin5 Honey and BonBon will not keep anything on their heads either and if I try to put something on their body they will pull it off.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Oh my what an adorable dog! Love the bow, it looks like she is tolerating it well
@Marcyaz (36125)
@Castlerock34 She is a friends dog and lows to be dressed up, doesn't seem to mind it a bit. Wish my dogs would keep something on them but no way they say.
@acelawrites (10624)
I don't know if there is, but there is a time of the year when all pets, like dogs are blessed by a priest. I think it is during the Feast Day of st. Francis of Assisi.
@Marcyaz (36125)
@acelawrites It is today I have heard of dogs being blessed by priests but have never seen it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sorry I missed this one my friend. Happy National belated Dog Day.
@Marcyaz (36125)
@TiarasOceanView Sorry you missed it also .Thanks anyways for the belated.
@cacay1 (32062)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Wow dogie feels his glorious outfit. No clothes for dogs here in our country.Dogs don't like, you know it is very hot in our country.I also do not know if there is dog festival here.Better in your place.
@Marcyaz (36125)
@cacay1 He does like being dressed up. Maybe too hot for clothing for dogs but no dog festivals, really? That is something all countries should have to honor our dog friends.
@DeborahDiane (15871)
• Laguna Woods, California
Oh, my! That is an adorable picture. I'm sorry your dogs did not leave their outfits on.
@Marcyaz (36125)
@DeborahDiane Thanks I couldn't resist showing that picture. Yeah wish my dogs would leave their outfits on but nope it is a lost cause.
@jahunt (1417)
That is a very cute picture! I totally missed out on National Dog Day! Now it's almost over!
@Marcyaz (36125)
@Jahunt Tthanks I liked the picture also. Aw sorry you missed out on National Dog Day. I should have put in the discussion earlier then.
@seren3 (393)
Aw. I don't have dogs and I have a friend who must now give his away. Wish him luck in finding a great owner!
What a cutie. I don't think our two would tolerate being dressed up.
@VivaLaDani13 (16117)
• Perth, Australia
Never heard of this day. But that picture is just adorable!
@Marcyaz (36125)
Thanks the picture is of a friend and her dog.
I never knew of this holiday
@Marcyaz (36125)
@Tampa_girl7 I am not surprised as a lot of people don't know about this Holiday.
• Denmark
No, the dressed up dog isn't cute. The way it looks shows that it thinks its owner has lost her marbles.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Nice image, the dog is so cute, Here we don't celebrate National Dog day, but for me National dog day is everyday for my dogies so love them so much.
Oh she seem sad though . But that ribbon looks good on her . We don't have that day here though .
I'd have to find Gizmo's sweater, which is too much work, but he does love wearing it
@sallypup (20747)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I had heard it was national pet day. What a cute huge basset gal.