Creating a Better Society

@Teep11 (7123)
We could use a little clean up in a lot of communities and in our neighborhoods. I'm not talking about trash laying around. We could use more patrolling, more activism, and more programs within our communities. It will create a better society. Youth would have more to do. They have to be occupied. Occupied with positivity. There's way too much crime and youth violence. The more we stand. The less nonsense we'll see.
Jobs would help youth do something meaningful too. Let's hope someone in power can bring jobs back to this country. So much needs to be done to make sure communities are safe.
@Teep11 (7123)
You're right. There definitely needs to be some major changes. There's promises so lets see what those in Office come up with.
@Teep11 instead of relying on some ding dong in office, lets just do for ourselves, k ?
@enlightenedpsych2 Wise words my friend! We definitely are relying on some ding dongs and that has to stop. Well, let's you and I make some signs and go out there and protest something. Not sure what that something is, but let's just do it!
@rina110383 (24074)
These are good proposals! They will also foster youth empowerment.
@Teep11 (7123)
Thank you. Greatly appreciated. I agree about youth empowerment. Some changes certainly need to take place.
I agree, we do need more for the youth to do so they stay off the streets and don't get into as much trouble.
@Teep11 (7123)
That's correct. They need our help and more should be done.
I also think the reason so many youth go out to the 'streets' to cause trouble is because they get away with it at home . . .
@Teep11 (7123)
@enlightenedpsych2 could be. Wanting to be accepted could be another.Thanks for stopping by and supplying us with your opinions.
• Merced, California
I wish i could fight crime all my martial arts, boxing, etc. is pointless now lol
@Teep11 (7123)
Oh my. No need for the martial arts and boxing right now. We need some changes.
• Preston, England
as long as the patrols don't get too authoritarian and start spoiling otherwise harmless fun
I agree but the more police protection is installed, the fear of NOT being safe incites its own problems also. If youth centers actually stayed open long enough with lots of activities, kids would have more to do, but economy is not always about assisting
@Teep11 (7123)
More policing could actually generate security. Policing doesn't just invole searching for criminals or crime. It also includes being more personal with the residents and that can also help detour youth crime.
@Teep11 okay with that explanation, I'll agree with you as long as police stop prejudistic behavior !
@Teep11 (7123)
@enlightenedpsych2 You're right. The profiling is a problem and it needs to cease.
• Rochester, New York
The neighbourhood that I live in is a very clean one. We have folks who patrol the area and if your yard is a mess then they will report you to the town. Sometimes it feels like I live in a Stepford kind of neighbourhood. They want all of the yards to look perfect and groomed. The is one gentleman who walks around with a trash bag and picks up random pieces of trash he finds along his walk. If I'm walking through the neighbourhood then I pick up trash here and there. I think if everyone helps out here and there the town would look nice. Most of the trash I see is on the highways and expressways... the look horrible and need a lot of tlc!
@Teep11 (7123)
Yes that's right, everyone should chip in, that will improve the neighborhoods look and assisting with lowering crime will improve the safety. I understand what you're saying about your neighborhood. The neighborhood I live in is a decent one. There's mainly older people living on the blocks. There's neighborhoods not far away and they could use some assistance with rebuilding.
• Rochester, New York
@Teep11 I have a lot of Seniors living here as well. There are very few families with children, it's mostly grandparents and aunts and uncles.. at least on my street it is. lol My mum actually grew up in the house 4 houses down from the one I'm living in now.
@birjudanak (7293)
yes you are right we must have to do it as we have to live there so why not do clean it so we not become ill and we get fresh air,but some people not doing that as they think if no one do then why i should do so they think negative with others so its really nice sharing of your thoughts...
@LeaPea2417 (21545)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I totally agree with that!
@OneOfMany (12418)
That's why we put our tax dollars to work and have the people collecting welfare and unemployment working towards community service hours being the ones that take that effort. Those that are hard workers might just prove valuable to someone willing to hire them. You don't get hired by sitting at home doing nothing!
@Teep11 (7123)
Not everyone who's at home is doing nothing. A lot of people have home offices, businesses, and are self employed. We just have to put the most qualified into office.
@OneOfMany (12418)
@Teep11 You missed the point of my statement. I'm talking about those collecting welfare and unemployment compensation. I'm sure they are doing more than sitting around, but getting them into the public eye would be a good step towards bettering the community and themselves.
@Teep11 (7123)
@OneOfMany understood. That's a start.
@pgiblett (6587)
I think we need more than a little patrolling and activism, we need a little more control by the people. Our representative democracy is currently in quite a state.
@Teep11 (7123)
Yes indeed, We just have to believe that the changes that are needed will occur. We can't control what others do but we can do something about ourselves and hopefully others will take heed.
@pgiblett (6587)
@Teep11 The point is we do have to convince others.
Sure we could use a lot more of a lot these services but, they all cost money. We have to pick and choose. Can't have it all. Volunteers might be nice.
@Teep11 (7123)
Of course we can't have it all but a lot of the time the money is spent on things we could do without so why not put the money where it will be most beneficial. Thank you for supplying your opinion.
@Teep11 ....That would be smart. You're welcome.
• Merced, California
Me and my son were almost shot by a drive by just walking to the store. Damn I was thinking if something would happen how would anyone know.
@Teep11 (7123)
Thank God that nothing happened to you and your son. That's very unsettling. I pray for protection for you and your family. Be safe and stay blessed.
• Merced, California
@Teep11 What ever happened to fighting if you have a problem with somebody, every body wants to be cowards and shoot.
@irenen1 (229)
• New Bedford, Massachusetts
Actions speak louder than words. What would be your number one start? Can you organize your neighbors to support your actions?