Going back to what I used to be.

By Jen
@polyxena (2576)
Sturgis, Michigan
I'm sitting here embarrassing myself, a little bit, even when I'm all on my own. I'm sitting writing, and listening to music. I'm listening to Hanson, while I've said before, I'm electic when it comes to my music. I still go back to my teenage years. I was the typical girly girl Hanson and NSYNC, were on my wall. Now as an adult, I'm still listening to them. I know it's kind of weird that most people have deserted what they used to listen to because it became 'uncool'. But now that I realize music makes us who we are, I'm not afraid to say I still love my boy band music. One of my favorite bands are Good Charlotte, which makes people cringe. Because I still listen to "garbage music." I'm not saying my life was great as a child, I really didn't like my childhood much (which I may talk about eventually) but music got me through life, and this music reminds me that I can get through anything. With that said, who still listens to music they listened to when they were younger?
@zarlamain (24525)
You are not alone. I also enjoy listening to the same music I used to listen to when I was younger. Sometimes, the nostalgia gets to me and tears fall down my cheeks.
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Most of the music I listen to now a days isn't so dancy like, like the music I used to listen to used to be.
@zarlamain (24525)
@polyxena I listen to a variety. Some make me dance, others make me sway gently to the music. All make me nostalgic.
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@zarlamain Awesome!
@CRK109 (14465)
I do and most of my friends do, too! I've heard it said that whatever music we grow up with tends to be our favorite for most of our lives. I think that's true. :)
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
For the most part I agree. I mean some of the music I listen to now, I wished I knew existed when I was younger, I was in a bubble, so now that I've actually heard the music that I pushed away, is cool.
@okodoko (200)
I also think that music follows you your whole life.
@okodoko (200)
I listen to Pink Floyd for 20 years now. So that must qualify.
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Pink Floyd is nice, even though bands like that do remind me a lot of my dad
Good Charlotte is pretty good
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Thank you. Most people would disagree with me (and you) I get it all the time.
I never heard of that music before. I love oldies.
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I don't mind oldies, as I mention that I'm listening to the Hanson Cover of Barrett Strong's Money
9.20.2008 QuikTrip Festival Tulsa, OK River West Festival Park [cover] Originally recorded by Barrett Strong in 1959. Written by Berry Gordy & Janie Bradford.
Im' 38 now and i still listen to the music that i loved when i was 18.
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Awesome
@MGjhaud (20740)
meeee. yesterdays music is better than todays.
@acelawrites (10931)
I still like them and got back memories when listening to it.