It's Good to Feel Human Again

Don't let the photo deceive you! Doodles is my little baby boy, and thinks he's human. I'm well again and back on my feet, finally! My husband dragged me out of the house to run many errands. He thought it would be good for me, since I've spent the last several days bedridden. We bought a gas fireplace insert for our wood burning one. I don't care for soot. They are coming to measure and check things out on Monday. Yay! We want it installed before we have our floors refinished. After that, we visited two garden centers and surprise of surprises, our son was close by, so he stopped by the second store. I loaded up on gorgeous flowers and can't wait to plant them. Then we all went out to lunch at a quaint Spanish bistro. Our son followed us home with our bags of potting soil that we couldn't fit in the SUV with all my flowers. It is great to feel human again and being back to business, although I'm a bit weary right now.
@AnneEJ (5213)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Glad you are feeling better so you can enjoy the weekend. Have fun planting your flowers.
Thank you! I didn't want to be ill on Mother's Day. I can't wait to plant the flowers and dig in the dirt with my bare hands.
@AnneEJ (5213)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@DianneN Turned cold here again, so I just kept my flowers inside. Supposed to warm up later in the week Enjoy digging in the dirt.
So glad that you are back on your feet. I am a bit off myself and couldn't do anything concrete today. Let's hope that we both can be productive from now on.
I hope you are well enough to celebrate Mother's Day!
@hereandthere (15195)
what flowers did you buy? i hope you take it easy to avoid relapse.
I bought too many to list. Lol! I'm feeling terrific today. Thank you!
@DianneN okay. share a pic when you start planting them.
• Portland, Connecticut
Sounds like a busy day. I bet it is good to feel human again and get out and about and have lunch out. So glad you are feeling better.
Thanks. It was great while it lasted, but I felt the need to veg out for the rest of the day.
• Portland, Connecticut
@DianneN You probably did too much too soon!!
I've been away for 5 days, so didn't know that you'd been ill. So sorry, but I'm glad that you are on the mend now. I've just come back form the garden centre too, and have loads to plant now
I'm feeling fine now. Apologies accepted. Love! I can't wait to see your garden this year! Have fun!
@Dena91 (2994)
Glad you're feeling better now. Happy mothers day. Love Doodles. :) Have a blessed evening
Many thanks and the very same to you!
He is a handsome kitty.
He thinks so, too!
I am glad you feel better Dianne. I am having very busy days, not a lot of time to be here.
So I've noticed!
@DianneN It comes the season to spend more time outside. I have so many things to do in the garden.
@LadyDuck I remember you mentioning that. I don't blame you one bit! Have fun.
@miniam (9372)
• Bern, Switzerland
Glad you are feeling better.Im sure your garden is still lovely even without the new flowers,the plants where doodles is keeping guard are very lovely. Take good care of yourself.
I'm so happy to be well again. The flowers are for my deck, otherwise the deer will eat them. But thank you!
@miniam (9372)
• Bern, Switzerland
@DianneN Do you have deers nearby? do people in your area go deer hunting?we do have deer here but never seen any
@miniam We live in a wooded area. The deer come out of the woods. There is hunting, but not close to me.
Be careful not to overdo things. Your body will be happiest if you ease back into life.
I'm so much better today. I needed that push to get out of the house. Many thanks, Elizabeth.
@DianneN It helps for me to take a shower, put on a bit of makeup and get in the car.
I'm so glad you're doing better. I'm glad you found a lot of plants for your garden and had lunch with your son and husband.
Thanks. It was great, but exhausting!
@DianneN You were just out of bed so I'm sure it was. Happy Mother's Day.
@Lucky15 (29267)
Photos of then plants please? And doodles..why you are.so furry.cute
I'll take a photo when I plant them. And Doodles just can't help being so cute. Lol!
@Lucky15 (29267)
@DianneN want to hug him
Welcome back to mylot, dear. Glad that you are feeling better.
Thank you! It's so good to be back, although I tried to pop on and off.
@DianneN Now you will feel better here and in the garden
Lay down and rest for awhile and you will be back to yourself.
Thanks Judy. It took longer than I thought possible, but I'm back on my feet. Thank you!
@LoriAMoore (8488)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I'm finally over my "crud" and getting out and about now too.
It's wonderful not to be housebound!!!!!
@thelme55 (5906)
What a beautiful cat! I am glad you are feeling better now. I didn't know that you were sick.
Thank you! That is my son's cat. We keep him here for 8 months of the year, because he doesn't get along with my son's fiancé's male cat. We love him so much!!!! I had a strange stomach bug, and am thrilled to be over it. Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes on Facebook. Hope your day was wonderful!!!
@boiboing (11280)
• Northampton, England
Doodles has such a smart little white bib.
Awww, thanks so much. It's part of his tuxedo.
I must have missed one of your posts. Did not know you were ill. Glad to know you are up and well. Doodles looks great against that backdrop.
It's great to be well again. Doodles looks great in any backdrop- lol! Many thanks.
@hostessman (3812)
• Tucson, Arizona
sounds like your going to be busy with all the flowers you got. Have fun planting them
I'm looking forward to it!
@CRK109 (9987)
What a great day and I'm so glad you're feeling better! And what a gorgeous photo!
Thanks, but I needed to rest after all that. Too much, too soon. Thanks about the photo I had my son take!