Whiskey time if only I drank

@sallypup (18543)
Moses Lake, Washington
Maybe I should find a hootin' hollering rerun of Hee Haw on You Tube. I am stunned. We put the wheels in motion for this day and it is here. Hold tight with me for a second. I need to breathe out real loud and get a good, decent scream bursting from my lungs. Here we go: say it loud and say it proud. NO MORTGAGE. Done. Paid up. Zero on the owe line. I am pretty sure paperwork and yes, the road to the deed will be in our mailbox within the week. Dunne Alba. If I could kiss your weedy, hilly self I would. Hubby just walked in off the deck to tell me it was raining quite nicely. No need to water first thing. Dunne Alba is ours. Lock, stock and weeds.
That is awesome news. How long were you paying on that mortgage? What a relief it must be to not owe anything and have it officially yours forever.
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Hello @shaggin It was a fifteen year mortgage. We paid extra and finished in four.
@Rohvannyn (3142)
@sallypup Sounds like something Dave Ramsey would advocate. I like that guy. "Where debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid off home mortgage has replaced the BMW as the status symbol of choice."
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn I'm going to have to look him up.
@Rohvannyn (3142)
Great! Now you've paid off TWO houses. This is good. Congratulations!
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn You are right. What a perspective. And the first paid off one helped to pay off the second one and continues to contribute money.
@Rohvannyn (3142)
@sallypup A lot of folks on here are going to think it's your first mortgage too. Great job.
@zarlamain (23642)
Congratulations! You achieved something very wonderful for you and your family! It's not easy to pay off mortgage, but you did it. Good work!
@sallypup (18543)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @zarlamain Its a humble mobile and land but it feels good.
@zarlamain (23642)
@sallypup Your welcome! I'm sure it does. That's quite an accomplishment and you got some burden off your shoulders.