are tears a sign of weakness?

I am a person with wet eyes all the time. even if i shout at someone i end up in tears. people at times say or think that i m weak but i know i m not its just that whenever i express myself fully i get emotional and at times end up having wet eyes. (not always ofcourse) but everyone is like , this is wrong..u should try and become stronger and all which cracks me up ! does this happen with anyone else too ??
@nomus24g (22935)
Tears are sign of EMOTIONS - it can be to express sadness or happiness, but definitely not a symbol of weakness, you are wrongly linking it with weakness...weakness or strength is the after effect of emotions, emotions can be singular or mixed as well...
i m not linking it with weakness. it is what others think of it as. which is really dissapointing :/
@Decgirl (40)
Yes I can relate this with me. It usually happens when ever I'm hurt or try to express myself to my loved ones. I don't think it's a sign of weakness, rather it shows you are a soft hearted person.
but the sad part is that no one understands it generally
@PalSheena hmmm I'm sure people who really love you ll understand. Others may be strangers with whom we should stop explaining much and stop expressing our feelings.
@ridingbet (52959)
tears are natural mechanisms of our body to wash away dirt in our eyes. emotional tears are good because it relieves us of the tension we feel inside our hearts. crying is not a result of being weak; even lions cry.
yeah exactly ! i really hope people think more like you :)
@sabashekh (1235)
• Bhopal, India
Tears are a sign of true feelings :* not weakness ...
@avi256 (4372)
• Pune, India
Tears are not sign of weakness, some people control it some dont.