how do you freshen up a room and make smell good of your room?

I love to use the various potpourri products, etc. out there and burn candles to freshen up the scent of a room. I recently found this recipe for room freshener and think I'll give it a try. Sounds fairly inexpensive as long as I can find all the ingredients. I know most can be found in a health food store. Citrus Mint Room Refresher submitted by HBN Founder & President Donna Maria This uplifting mixture will refresh your room and your spirits, naturally! Yield: approx. 5 ounces Prep Time: 10 minutes Shelf Life: Indefinite Ingredients: 4 ounces peppermint hydrosol 1 ounce distilled water 1 tablespoon grain alcohol 10 drops vegetable glycerin 45 drops lemon essential oil Blending Procedure: Combine all ingredients together in a glass bottle with a spray mister top. To use, spray lightly throughout the room to refresh and uplift. You can also spray this to freshen linens and clothing, but do not use it directly on the skin. Shake well before each use.
@zarlamain (24527)
I use a variety of candles and also, open my window to air out the room.
Try one of the flameless burners that is designed to hold a yankee candle jar and heat the wax so it sends out the scent but without any flames. They plug in and can be put up higher and next to walls, etc. without the worry of flames. Just don't leave it unattended to be safe. I'm a huge Yankee candle fan too. People say I'm crazy for paying that price but they are well worth it to me because they can smell up the whole house!
@zarlamain (24527)
@_anderson__ Thank you for the tips! I use Yankee Candles as well and have a glass cover for them, and cover them up when I leave the room to make sure I don't burn the house down. I have a neighbor who left the stove on and burned her house down nine years ago. It was insane!
• Quincy, Illinois
I use oils, and Incense. I boil a pot of water on the stove and add vanilla extract and cinnamon to it and it makes my first three rooms smell like i just baked a batch of fresh breakfast bisque-ts. A friend of mine told me to try using my favorite liquid fabric softener and mix it with water in a spray bottle. it smelled really good however it made my carpets really dirty so be careful with that one if you use it.