I know what I want to do with my life...

@cpefley (1534)
Hemet, California
I'm 37, I have almost 6 kids, and I never finished college and got my degree. Something, usually supporting a family, slowed down my progress. I have always wanted to be a writer and an English teacher, but I realized today that there is something else I want to pursue, as well. Actually, I'm sure it would help give me plenty of inspiration for writing. I want to be an alcohol/drug counselor. Addiction is one of the most frightening things that a person can face alone. Battling with yourself if a nightmare. I have witnessed it, and and dealt with it. Four years ago, I was prescribed Norco and Percoset for chronic pain, and became physically dependent on them. Dealing with withdrawals are terrifying. Anyway, I feel the need to help other people. No one should have to be shamed for wanting help. I'm going to go to the college and see what I need to do to sign up for courses this summer. I applied for my FAFSA and at the college, so at least that is a head start.
I hope you get to take the courses that is something that you would enjoy doing.
@cpefley (1534)
• Hemet, California
Thank you Judy! I think it really will!
@rachael5760 (2617)
• Israel
If you want to work as an English teacher on-line go here and watch this video!!
I have been a teacher on this site since 2015, I invite you to apply for this job. The site is attracting more students and there are lots of hours available...
@MGjhaud (20787)
anything is possible if your heart's in it. goodluck..