What's your greatest motivator?

@slayer08 (2380)
Or should I say, what drives you? I've watch a video presentation of Dan Pink's book called Drive.. He mentioned some pretty good acknowledgement about what drives or motivates people.. And although money, according to him is. agreat motivator.. It is not always the case.. When you look at yourself ,do you think his theory is right? Or are you solely motivated by money?
@tech40 (5430)
Yep for me money is the best motivator because with money you can buy things that you want to purchase. Money is one of the reason my many people are working,
@chris2050 (1098)
• Manila, Philippines
Motivation is both the desire and willingness to do something. It's what gets you started and keeps you going. "Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly." Stephen R. Covey "Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." Napoleon Hill Most people are motivated either by the avoidance of pain or the pursuit of pleasure. In my experience the most common motivation seems to be the avoidance of pain. I'm surprised by how many people are motivated by fear. Fear of being alone, fear of what people might think, fear of failing... Fear can be destructive, yet it can be harnessed and targeted towards a good end. If fear motivates you, use it to create the motivation that will allow you to achieve your goals. A passionate desire for something pleasurable, coupled with the avoidance of pain creates the strongest motivation. The best way motivate yourself is to set inspiring worthy goals. You are most likely to stay motivated if you have plenty of good reasons to accomplish your goals and are mindful of the consequences of failure. One thing that helps to motivate me is to have deadlines. I usually have a few projects on the go, when I finish something on time and do it well it spurs me on to repeat my success. Success motivates me. I love a challenge and proving that I can do something that someone else thinks is beyond me.
@Dramista (549)
I desire a life truly well lived, unfortunately we all need money to improve our lives. Money may not be the sole motivator in my life but I know I need it to get to the things that I truly want.