Frolicking Swans of the River Rhein

River Rhein, Germany/Swiss border
@Inlemay (16512)
South Africa
Without a Monday, we cannot look forward to a Friday! Good Morning. I have set upon doing my mundane Monday to-do-list with the notion that only in four days time its week-end again. To my horror I realized that i was wish my week away, and in so doing, wishing myself a few days older. OH NO!! not going to do that at all. Yesterday I read an intersting post on my FB which stated that when you are stressed you should eat puddings, they apparently have more in common than we think - they are both a result of the conundrum SERTSEDS! Did you know that STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS . . . get eating if you are stressed, maybe the desserts will tide you over. Anyway - my head is all over the show this morning, but in my run-of-the-mill Monday, I present to you my hubby frolicking with the Swans in the River Rhein. My friends from Belgium were quite astounded how weird and adventurous my hubby is and that maybe spending a night in the German Jail did not seem at all daunting, or maybe if he ventured a little deeper he would be in the French region. It was his first picnic along the river Rhein, and his first glimpse of a wonderful wedge of swans. have you done something weird lately?
That's pretty cool and, I would love to dive in the water right now.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
Is it hot in your area at the moment?
@Inlemay It is very hot in my area to.
@Inlemay Yes, we got up too 100 degrees F today with 40 % humidity.
He does look like he's having fun. I'm always doing something weird. I don't know what it was though off the top of my head.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
It will soon come to you and then you can tell us - almost like your great hats that you love to wear.
@Inlemay Oh yes, my hat. I do love wearing my sock monkey hat. Though it will be a few months before I can wear it again. I am wearing a hat right now, but it isn't a funny hat.
@ison_1 (1252)
Hi Lany! I think that is a valid reason for eating many desserts :) Cool picture
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
Good Morning John, I loved it, I turn to 'sweets' when I am depressed or stressed, I dont put on weight luckily as I burn it off before it hits the tummy, ha ha but I have to watch the sugar levels in my blood. Age is a bugger!
@ison_1 (1252)
@Inlemay You are lucky, I love a sweet but I can easily put weight on.
@sunrisefan (17794)
I like the picture you attached, Ms. Inlemay :)
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
thank you for enjoying it
@sunrisefan (17794)
@Inlemay I should thank you for posting it :)
@nomus24g (22823)
that's such an awesome picture...
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
thank you for enjoying the photo.
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
I'm intrigued to know why your Belgian friends thought your husband shouldn't be doing that? It seems quite natural to me.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
there are signs that say - Do not venture into the water, Entering the waters is Prohibited in French and German. Ha ha ha - but enter he did and frolic he did, and the swans just loved it, he fed them for hours.
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
@Inlemay ha, ha, well, that is different.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
@valmnz if he had a fishing rod near he would have fished as well - and the sign says NO FISHING - he was putting the European laws to test
I love that photo, I've never had the pleasure of frolicking with swans but then I'd be afraid they'd want to bite me.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
They did take a run at me when he eventually came out. Nasty creatures in a way
I've heard their bite hurts pretty badly @Inlemay is that true?
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
@rebelann one nipped me on the leg but didn't draw blood. It was a sharp pinch. I scooted off in haste.my friend took a photo, I shall share it in the week.
Great discovery and isn't it interesting how a variety of sweet treats without chemicals added can uplift the worst sensations of depression ?
@Inlemay ah yes but who really can exercise will power with an entire array of cakes, cookies, brownies etc
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
@enlightenedpsych2 "exercise will power is the only exercise I might try
@Inlemay well one out of a dozen is not bad then ! Keep staying motivated and you'll do just fine . . . hugs to ya
• New Delhi, India
Listening old Bollywood songs
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
ha ha - when you listen do you think that they were weird in the old days?
• New Delhi, India
@Inlemay yup! Few of them were. There were some words used like oooodley, yodely, taearauppup ooh ooh ko didn't understand the meaning of these words
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
@ModernDayWriter you must have had some laughs
@Marcyaz (35672)
Yep Monday is the beginning of the week and Friday is the last day of the week. Eating desserts will not help in losing weight for anyone. What a lovely photo of your husband in the River Rhein with the swans. I can't think of anything weird I have done lately.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
Luckily Monday is nearly done. I did not wish it away but rather used its minutes to the fullest. Thanks for enjoying the photo.
@Marcyaz (35672)
@Inlemay Your Welcome and glad you didn't wish your time away.
Those swans must be pretty tame. I wouldn't think a person could get so close to them.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
they were not, they took a good old charge at me when they got back to the river bank
@Inlemay So not so friendly for invading their territory.
Weird is my middle name
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
maybe we all have a little weirdness in us waiting to be unleashed - Good Morning to you
thats my problem too much backward stress, lol
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
You have to release the real you hiding behind that stress - let it out!!
I am a weird person so I do weird things all the time. We spend a day going to all of the free places so we did not have to part with any money.
@Inlemay (16512)
• South Africa
that is just clever - ha ha not at all weird, I do that sometimes, find the cheaper way to see a thing.
@SophieY (857)
• South Africa
Hilarious