Dreaded Task

I have to get off my comfortable office chair here and go into the kitchen to do a dreaded task: washing the floor, first I have to vacuum it and then I will use the Swiffer to wash it. I sure don't feel like doing this right now, but it must be done. I have no choice. Do you enjoy washing your kitchen floor or do you dread doing it like me? When I was younger, it didn't bother me but now as I get older, I find it more and difficult to get on with it.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
Definitely not my favorite task, the reason being that there is too much prep work involved: moving furniture, picking up things like cat bowls, rugs, etc. Then, you have to either dust mop or sweep or vacuum first before you even touch it with water. I don't wash floors very often for that reason. But I live alone and dust mop regularly, so it doesn't get all that dirty.
I always vacuum the floor first and then use my Swiffer, no more on my knees, too hard.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@marlina My mother did them for years on her knees, and we lived in a huge apartment with all linoleum flloors. Wash AND wax on her knees...not me. I do it the easiest way possible.
@Raelove My Mom did the same and we had a huge house with 5 bedrooms. I don't know how she did it. And our house was immaculate. She did Spring and Fall cleaning on top. I feel so lazy when I am comparing myself to my Mom.
I dread doing any kinds of household chore.
I am getting more and more that way too, I didn't mind when I was younger.
@marlina the only chore my mother forced me to do was doing my bed.
@toniganzon Doing your bed, that's all? Easy!
I don't mind washing the floor so much but I do hate washing the dishes!
Funny, I don't mind doing dishes at all, do not have a dishwasher and do not want one!
@marlina Please come do mine then! Lol. I don't have a dishwasher either.
@LovingMyBabies That would cost me a lot of money just for the plane ticket to get there. From Toronto, Canada to Jacksonville, Florida.
@shubhu3 (20961)
• New Delhi, India
Good luck for it.Yeah sometimes I also do this to help my mother in her housework.
How do you enjoy doing the kitchen floor?
@shubhu3 (20961)
• New Delhi, India
@marlina Sometimes I enjoy and sometimes I feel irritated lol.I usually listen to songs side by side.This helps me enjoy it even more .
@shubhu3 Listening to fast music sure helps to keep one moving.
@louievill (19920)
Some tasks become more difficult as we age, is there nobody there younger to do it for you? I understand, it is something that needs to be done
Nobody younger here to do it.
@louievill (19920)
@marlina if you live here, young people would be racing against each other to do that task for around 4 dollars and a snack
@louievill Wow! I would certainly hire someone.
I'm not a big fan of floor washing in general and usually dread it when I have to do it. However I do have a steam mop that makes it easier. Back when I was newly married I used to wash all my floors on my hands and knees but modern inventions (like your swiffer) do make it a bit easier.
I think that if I dared to go on my knees and hands for washing the floor, I wouldn't be able to get up. Glad that those modern gadgets exist. How do you like the "steam mop?"
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I dread all the cleaning but once I get started I do not mind, it is just getting started I have trouble with
The first 15 minutes are the worst.
@marsha32 (6688)
mopping the kitchen fllor is on my must do before the trip list
I guess it is with all the activity that your household has.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I don't dread it as much as I used to now that we have a steamer. It's quick and easy. The floor is dark so it doesn't have to be done often either. Most of the time a quick vacuum and its good for another week.
So the steamer really makes it easier?
For me its the vacuuming, that motion bothers my back. But it has to be done, and I find that if I keep up on it then it isn't quite so bad. Have fun with that cleaning, too bad we can't just call Mr Clean to do it for us.
Mr. Clean would be very welcome here!
• Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm not at all keen on washing floors but it has to be done unfortunately!
Yes, must be done!
I wish I coud use a swiffer for my kitchen floor but my tile is not smooth and it pulls the pads right off, what a bummer!!
@Lucky15 (33687)
It is the bathroom that i feel like..with the kids around, keep cleaning for everyday and changing therag there.every.now and then
play some music you like at the same time? or set a small treat to be obtained once done
I do not mind it too much since this house has hardwood floors in the kitchen and not ceramic tile. The tile was a harder cleaning job for me. Still not a fan of washing that floor, though.
You know who does that task in my house! I do love a clean floor.