Laptop, Tablet, or Mobile

crying
Austin, Texas
Please give me back my laptop! I am begging! Somehow my hard drive got screwed up so my laptop must be repaired. Meanwhile my daughter let me borrow her Kindle tablet. I appreciate it and I hate it! How do people work via tablets and mobile devices? My eyes are so weary. My back hurts. I never really learned how to type and trying to use the keyboard is a headache! How can it be that so many people practically live on their tablets or mobile devices like the iPhone or Android? I appreciate advances in technology and all of these portable wonders. But I really want my laptop back! I am trying not to cry. But I can't help myself!
@Inlemay (16548)
• South Africa
Phoning is okay but not blogging. My IPad is good but not better than my computer
@MarymargII (9770)
• Toronto, Ontario
Looks like you'll have to get it repaired- you'll only be without for an afternoon!
• Austin, Texas
I've been without for a few days but when I woke up this morning I noticed my daughter had fixed my laptop. So! I'm back to work and doing a lot of catch up stuff! Thank the Lord for my "in house geek". My children are life savers when it comes to this tech stuff!
• Toronto, Ontario
@cmoneyspinner Ha ha so is my son and daughter but they live away now and I feel like I'm always asking them tech or how-to questions---ha!
• Austin, Texas
@MarymargII - Isn't it great that they know and that you don't have to pay for their advice?
Interesting discussion. I am thinking about getting a tablet so I could do some of my mystery shop reports when I am away from home, like in a coffee shop. But I would need one that can have a keyboard attached. On screen typing would be very tedious.
• Austin, Texas
The tablets do prove to be useful when you're on the move and/or when your laptop breaks. I get now why people buy them now. If it weren't for my laptop breaking though, I may not have ever understood the appeal.
@cmoneyspinner Glad you have your laptop back.
I hope you get your laptop back soon!
• Austin, Texas
It's back! My kids helped me fix it.
@cmoneyspinner That's great! :-)
@salonga (28016)
I am with you. I have always favored laptop no matter what.
@zarlamain (24525)
Don't cry! You are so cute.
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I prefer working and web surfing on my laptop to either a tablet or my smartphone. It is just so much easier. I hope you get your laptop back soon.
@chris2050 (1335)
• Manila, Philippines
Welcome to the club, I have a tablet and an Ipad, but don't ask me to use my Mylot there, no way!!! I can't just go through the discussions and happily interact with the tablet, I find it more convenient when I am traveling, to watch something in Youtube, or play some games, so I don't need to think about travelling, but when it come to chat with friends on Facebook, or interact here in Mylot, my tablet is not even an option, it's my laptop, definitely my laptop, so I can understand that feeling that you are having right now
Don't worry give yourself time and then you will also get used to, using tab.
@AutumnSnow (4584)
I use a lap top and I love it personally. My kids all have IPADS I like those as well but for the most part especially for writing and such I prefer my laptop. I guess it all depends on what you are using the device for. If you have to store a lot of things then a laptop or regular desktop would probably be better. If you store or save a lot items you might want to consider using a back up system such as usb sticks or cd's. I started recently doing that myself when I had a close call and almost lost a lot of my picutres and a manuscript that I was working on. luckily I was able to recover everything but since then I save everything
@star777 (43)
Dont worry you will get used to it, all you need to do is maintain a good posture will using the device :)
We all get used to different things.