power cordage

@sallypup (27045)
Moses Lake, Washington
The devil did it. Some folks believe in God and his saints. I believe in the devil. The other night business as usual. Then hey!!! no internet service. I faithfully pay that bill so what?? Finally a tech ambled his rump over to our house. Snooped around. Both your power cords are fried. Toasty. Must have been a power surge. Meantime I lost cash due to a couple of sites that I could have been playing on. Also wrote a bit. Good to be back.
I believe in God and I am sure there is a Devil - its not one or the other!
@sallypup (27045)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill You are determined to make me walk the straight and narrow path. Love it.
@sallypup LOL - Sorry, the Devil made me say it LOL!
@sallypup (27045)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill Old Gabe flapped his wings and ordered you to say it.
• Eugene, Oregon
What a pain. Did you have surge protectors?
• Eugene, Oregon
I see below that you did have the protectors, but what would cause a surge like that? Lightning?
@sallypup (27045)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic We get weird service where I live. If I have a 911 emergency it had better be where the phone deigns to work. Otherwise I will have to crawl to those select areas.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Sounds like you were lucky you didn't fry your computer.
@sallypup (27045)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RichardMeister We have the computer on a surge protector. Every couple of months the clock on the kitchen stove will blip out so I wasn't shocked about power outages.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@sallypup I have a power surge protector battery backup. It usually gives me enough time to finish what I'm doing before I have to shut the computer down.
Glad the cords are now no-longer of the fried variety. It sure does take those tech guys a long time to make their way to our homes!
@sallypup (27045)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 And yet it takes no time at all for the bill to get to me.