Here comes the start of the illegal fireworks

I hate them! They are illegal in New Jersey. The houses are simply too close together to safely shoot them off anyway but inconsiderate neighbors do it every year. It scares the crap out of my old man cat to the point where he hides, shakes, and drools. He is 13 years old and I don't want him to have a heart attack and die! With the Fourth of July holiday being this weekend, I can guarantee that they will be shooting them off. If they don't start tonight, it will definitely start tomorrow (Friday). I hate it.
Is there just too many people setting them off so that the cops can't extinguish all attempts?
the cops rarely bother to catch them
@NJChicaa Sort of sad really. Especially since it seems it's a very very big fire hazard to be letting them off in your town.
I can't wait to sit here an watch them out this window. My friends came over last year and we turned out the lights and had a good time.
@akalinus (12446)
They are not legal in Florida, either, but there is a light show around us all night until people have used them all up. A lot of times, they start early, a few days before.
that's why I'm expecting them to start any moment
@akalinus (12446)
@NJChicaa It is going to be a hellacious weekend. And it is so hot that I am afraid there is a fire danger this year.
@zarlamain (24084)
I find them so bothersome when they go off in the middle of the night. They should just do it when it's bright out because people are actually sleeping at night.
It makes me incredibly angry
@zarlamain (24084)
@NJChicaa Yes, me too.
@Macarrosel (7640)
Poor old man cat. Maybe you have to hide him in a place that he won't hear much of the fireworks.
we try to
They are illegal here, too. Even moreso after those two wildfires we had within the last four years. But people still shoot them off anyway.
Fireworks are very dangerous. And once you see them once, you have seen them all.
@eagletrek2 (4971)
• Kingston, New York
Ny state now made certain types Of fire work legal a few years ago. But I know people go to other states. To get the fire works they want