Made a Final Decision on How to Handle the Wisdom Teeth

By Lola
@Lolaze (3165)
United States
June 30, 2016 8:51pm CST
It's been a long month of not knowing exactly how to handle the need to have my wisdom teeth removed. I've finally made a decision. In the next two weeks I will be interviewing two surgeons. One a female - as I do not like male doctors touching me. The other a male - he is who my dentist wants me to have do the surgery. I will be selecting one of them to do the surgery BUT I won't be having the surgery anytime soon. My pain is able to be managed with Aleve when it flares up, which it's rarely doing now. I'll be letting my wisdom teeth be as there isn't much more damage they can do for the moment. I've come to the conclusion that I am not mentally stable enough for surgery right now. I'm having panic attacks a lot, I'm self harming, and I'm afraid scheduling surgery could cause me to become suicidal. I'm only a month and a half out from my last hospitalization...that isn't a good length of stability yet. I figure that after the holidays this winter and the first of the year, I can revisit if I am doing well enough to handle facing a surgery.
4 people like this
2 responses
• India
1 Jul 16
don't worry, Be bold and strong
2 people like this
@jstory07 (66126)
• Roseburg, Oregon
1 Jul 16
Yes it is best to wait until you think you can handle it.
1 person likes this