Weekend Ghost Story

@srhelmer (6934)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
The building I work in used to be a small factory that was turned into a commercial office building back in the 1980s. Right now, it's mostly empty. There's just my office (with three people sharing it) and an audiologist who works a few hours on Mondays. For a number of years, I've suspected the building might not be as empty as it seems because, every so often, you can hear footsteps and opening/closing doors from upstairs even though there's nobody up there and it's locked up. This has been confirmed by those who are in the building with me, meaning I'm not imagining it. Thursday, the two men that share my office were gone for the afternoon, leaving me in the building by myself. I was at my desk working and felt something tug on my sleeve. This wasn't a light tug either. It was pretty firm, similar to one of my daughters trying to get my attention. And, as a result of this, I turned around in my chair expecting to see someone standing behind me. However, there wasn't anyone there. Just a wall. I also made sure to confirm I hadn't snagged my sleeve on anything. Needless to say, it was definitely an odd, and somewhat creepy, experience. As I mentioned before, I don't think that building is as empty as it appears to be.
@Raelove (16806)
• Saco, Maine
It has long been my theory that any vacant building that once saw lots of human activity has retained much of that ancient energy. I'm not sure I'd call them ghosts but more a restlessness on a plane just slightly removed from our own. Here where I live, textiles were a huge industry for more than a century, and the acres and acres of brick mill buildings are still standing and slowly being repurposed. I can't walk through one without feeling that many of those workers, long since deceased, are watching me pass by. Some are being refitted into apartments, but I don't think I could live there.