Whining your on disability and can't afford it -so work then!

@ricki_911 (15758)
Toronto, Ontario
I am so annoyed with this friend to the point I am ignoring her. She claims she's disabled (now I believe this is usually a mindset). Unless your bed ridden or such you are fully capable. She is whining she gets $200 from the government, her sister lives with her (pays half the rent and utilities), and her husband gets disbaility ($1,000 a month). That is more than I make a month while working (even after paying taxes) yet I can pay my bills (yes sometimes a struggle but you don't see begging formoney or whining I have a disability). She gets ALL medication, rides to the store, and other tid bits paid for by the government or local services. I would laughing if I got what she does, and sit at home doing nothing. She claims she has permanent damage to her arm (I knew a guy who had his arm amputated when he was a teen yet he can still work). I sort of ignored her, and lately ignored going out, or even talking to her. I am sorry there are people wy worse, and I am not handing her money nor a pity party. Today she called asking for a few hundred dollars,now if I knew I could afford it, and she'd pay me back. BUT she will never give the money back, and then whines even more. Yet, she has money to buy video games, alcohol,cigarettes, and such. I told her on the phone she could do side jobs, and then she went off how her arm. Well your the only one that help yourself noone else will hand it to you on a silver platter. I gave her several suggestions, and she could do some work just light dury type jobs. She just wants the money, and not work for it.
@Lolaze (2801)
• St. Louis, Missouri
She sounds like a trip, but I have to disagree about your comment of unless you're bedridden you can work. I have a severe mental illness, I can't work enough hours to support myself and manage to keep my sanity. The stress of having to adhere to a schedule, meet deadlines, and compete against others to keep my job is too demanding. Please don't base your opinion of people who get disability assistance off of one person who might be misusing the system.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know several on disability and about 90% of them are fully capable of even working part time hours. They lied to get disability even paying doctors off. The ones who do need it literally will black out by turning their heads, and cannot function even sitting at home. I know a lady who gets part time disability and does work she has severe mental and intellectural issues but she does try (and good at it hence why they offer her work). Everyone I know who whines and on disability honestly is fully capable of working and then scams the government claiming they don't get enough expecting it given to them.
@ricki_911 Then you need to find new people to be around. Those people are just no good. I could not be around people like that and I don't care how they live. grown people have rights and choices and they choose the path they live. It's easy to remove them from your life. Those people make it bad for the real disabled people.
@Lolaze . Have you written about your disability? I am 52 years old, worked for a long time with major health issues and a few years ago ended up on disability due to Asthma, Joint issues, Sleep Apnea, Major Depression and a number of other things. Many people deal with horrible stress on their jobs every day and yet they do it...
• Marion, Kansas
She doesn't sound like much of a friend. I agree that she could even earn online, with the right mindset.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, exactly online or even side jobs like delivering newspapers or weeding gardens. I know a lady who has severe mental and intellectual issues in which can hold a job (she gets part time disability and someone sort of keeps track of her). But I hire her to do my gardening and such then pay her. This girl I have been avoiding we were good friends until she got on disbaility and plays the poor me card. I offered to do farm work, even small tasks like cleaning my cages and she said no. So really her problem, and maybe why she has no money.
@ricki_911 Some just try to milk the system.
@Teep11 (6260)
I know that disability suggested I do light work and I've taken on more. Shouldn't you be telling your friend how you feel? I hope she doesn't read this posts because the post seems critical. If a person works in any form even if they're working from home. It's work. Have a blessed evening.
She doesn't sound like a good friend, especially after you suggesting her do light jobs she isn't even trying but wants money to be given..
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
I even said if she cleaned my cages, or cleaned my place I'd pay her (not like I ask much either). She whine about it and took a fit so I will just ignore her. She is more of a hassle than anything.
@ricki_911 Yeah that isn't good.. You even offered her money to help clean cages and you are making it by monthly!
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
@infatuatedbby Exactly, she wasn't willing to help so that just shows. I have a nice girl who comes and helps with my friend and me. She is on disability and is really willing to help. I just make a list of everything I need done, she does a great job.
@FourWalls (8426)
There's so much to say about your assertion that people on disability are faking it, but your homonym usage basically says it all for me.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
It is very true if you need the money and cannot support yourself then you would find a way to work. I know many who are disabled who work even small jobs or jobs that work around it. I know a handful of people on disability who are not willing to help themselves. She is by no means starving, and gets more than necessities cost.
@FourWalls (8426)
@ricki_911 -- I don't know about Canadian laws, but for over 25 years we've had the Americans With Disabilities Act in the US. It's supposed to make things easier for people with disabilities. But I will tell you from personal experience, it doesn't.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
@FourWalls Canada is a little lax with disabilities. I have 4 difsabilities myself, but I am not out to pity party and get things handed to me. I was taught you are equal and you work for it end of story. She will literally whine about everything because people judge her or they pick on her for her disability. I have been with her I honestly think she has a mental issue not just an arm issue.
Your friend might be disabled and not able to manage her money. But to class all disabled people like that is wrong. I have three diabilites that make it hard to manage day to day. No one oculd look at me and tell I can't work. But stop my meds for 2 weeks I am abck in the hospital. I am not sure about your government either. But what you go ththrough to get approved here is crazy. You have to prove your disabled. Either that girl is no friend of yours or something but clealry she can't live off $200 I don't care who you are. And addictions are hard to live with and get over. She could really use some help from a real friend.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
Her roomate pays half the bills (which leaves her and her husband to pay $500 in rent and then groceries etc). She gets everything else paid for minus un necessary items. Her husband makes enough to support her and him alone. She only gets $200 because her husband in the same household and is on disability. Yes, but you can manage with medication. She lied to get the disability, and is fully capable of working. I have stood watching her pick up cement blocks (that I can't even lift), yet she can't move her arm enough to work apparently. She has literally kept calling me, then posting on facebook about how the transit wont help her (why because they feel she doesn't qualified for complete rides, or different events), another time was how she can't afford the lights yet just bought a new TV a day before. Today she called because their was construction on the road and she can't walk along that side of the road (did you break both your legs). I gave her different suggests online (as she sits on the computer all day long), and also kijiji or other sides that do small jobs such as gardening, helping seniors, and even volunteer programs. She wants nothing of it, and just wants a pity party. I stopped helping her when she kept whining. I am on the verge of blocking her number if she calls me one more time. I have only met about 3 people on disability who actually had a disbility BUT they still helped themselves.Whether working odd jobs, online, and so on. Noone is going to help you if your not willing to work for yourself. I hire a girl who has mental and intellectual issues (very severe) she can barely talk and paranoid sometimes. But she comes works on the farm, weeds gardens, clean my places, and I pay her cash. We sit and talk. She gets part time disability (a few hundred a month and lives in a adult group home) but she does help herself. I invite her for dinner, and have her over for different events same with my one friend they get together for coffee.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
BTW I have 4 disabilities and I have never tried to get disability nor would I unless I go completely blind. But then again I can still hold a job, I can still do side jobs, online work, and so on.
She sounds like a real winner. I'm surprised she even qualified for disability in the first place.
@ricki_911 (15758)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know! All she does is whine and expect people to feel sorry for her. I use to work with a lady who turns her head and blacks out she didn't quality for disbaility and still works.
I definitely wouldn't lend her any money especially when it's money you worked hard for
If able I agree, they should be doing some kind of a job. I have Anxiety and can get stressed out, but I still work!! I take pride in working as long as I'm able to. The ones who fake it ruin it for the ones who truly need it.
i believe i'd disconnect completely from her, hon. those folks jest wish to slide by life - feelin' entitled 'n seekin' those who'll help to fuel their laziness :( if'n funds're so tight fer her'n family, they ought to take a closer look't their lifestyle (drinkin', smokin', etc).