It costs $300 dollars to buy a drywall lifter.

Dallas, Texas
You need both hands to put up drywall and using the drywall lifter, you can do it by your dam self. You don't need no middle man. It costs 300 bucks though. You can pay 1000 dollars to have another person or two put it up for you or you can invest in your own tools and do it your dam self. But then you also have to tear out the old drywall and that will be quite a mess. This is how it works. You have to cover up everything in the room with plastic sheeting, then you got to wear eye protection and a particulate mask, the paper kind that uses a rubber band to hold to your face cause the fall out from the attic will be hell to pay. There will be 75 year old rock wool in the attic with 75 years worth of rodent droppings, moldy black rock wool and you will have to vacuum all that once it has fallen down all over the place. Now, after all this I have decided to save a thousand dollars to pay those other guys to get all that dirt on them instead of me. After all I have allergies. FGS!
Yes, let the other guys do it. I did remove drywall in our basement all by myself. A mess for sure. Had to break it all up and have it hauled away. I used a sledgehammer. Husband put the new drywall in, but should have hired a pro for that part.
• Dallas, Texas
Yes, indeed, Deborah K. It would be a mess and I prefer handing the sledge hammer to the pros and go write on myLot and sip on sugar free tea. He He.