Is walking good enough to lose weight? Help please!

Perth, Australia
ok now I want to get really serious about losing weight! I could really use your help please! Tomorrow I am getting really healthy food. I ordered it from a company called Lite N Easy. I get it often but I don't really do the routine properly. But I am ready! Just thinking about the exercise part of it. I love walking. But is it enough to lose weight? Around my stomach, thighs and butt? If I do it every day, how long for each day? Anything else you can please suggest for me to lose weight and tone up? Some advice would be really appreciated so thank you in advance for any help given!
@skysnap (17819)
Depends on metabolism rate of the body. For some people walking keeps weight in check. for some it reduces weight. for some it just helps to digest food. that's all. it all comes down to metabolism and burning rate.
• Perth, Australia
@skysnap Thank you for that. I didn't really know that. Well I think my metabolism is fast. So I'm guessing that means if I eat right and exercise good enough, that I may dropped the weight quicker? Well I hope so anyway.
@Daljinder (21222)
True that! Walking affects everyone differently.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder I remember years ago, I walked every day for a week and was already seeing results. So does that mean my metabolism is fast?
@josie_ (6993)
The 4 hour body fat loss workouts book by Tim Ferriss if you're serious.
• Perth, Australia
@josie_ I've not heard about this! Is there a link or anything you could please send me about this? I am 100% deadly serious!
• Perth, Australia
@josie_ Thank you so much! I will look. :)
@scheng1 (24806)
Yes, walking is enough to lose weight, but there are a few things to bear in mind. You have to walk in uneven terrain to burn more calories, such as beach, hiking trail, and area with a lot of steps for you to walk up and down. You have to walk fast or carry weight. The best is to pack 2 liter of water, and some healthy snacks when you go for a walk. You have to walk at least an hour every day, and to walk 4 to 6 hours on weekends.
• Perth, Australia
@scheng1 ok wow that is some really awesome advice! Thank you so much!
@Daljinder (21222)
Agreed. Carrying weight also builds up muscles.
@Daljinder (21222)
There used to be a doctor on this site. She has left months ago. From her I learned that blood type also affects the metabolism. Eating right according to blood types would affect weight gain/ loss a lot.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder wow I didn't know that. I don't even know what blood type I am though anyway lol
@Daljinder (21222)
@VivaLaDani13 Neither do I but I guess mine is B according to that freaky biology hereditary chart thing we learned in high school.
Is the Blood Type Diet a healthy way to eat and lose weight? WebMD reviews the pros and cons of this diet - and what the research says.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder Thank you for that! How are you feeling by the way?
The most important thing in losing weight is to be consistent, also drink lots of water. Even though I don't really think you need to lose weight.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Well thank you for that. I do need to lose a bit. So I will be sure to make a routine of it all. Thank you for answering.
@VivaLaDani13 You're welcome and, if you say so, but you look like you probably weigh 100 pounds, if that.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 I don't even know to be honest. I'm too scared to look at how much I way lol I'm just judging by how I look in the mirror.
Walking is a healthy exercise and it suits everybody. But it may not be the most effective way to lose weight. I think perhaps swimming or running will work better.
• Perth, Australia
@youless oh yes of course running! I didn't even think about that! I'm such an idiot! lol I am not totally comfortable going out running in public. Do you think jogging on the spot is fine? So I can just jog in my lounge room lol
@VivaLaDani13 Yes, I think jogging is also a good idea
• Perth, Australia
@youless Thank you so much for your help!
@****Dani**** You have to be careful if you stop that food you sent for as the weight can go on fastly if you go back to an unhealthy diet. Do you get to choose your own food or do they give you choices? If I were you, i would research healthy foods and buy some and see if you like the food then incorporate it into your diet f you like it. If not you know, that is one food not to buy! It is best to just have a variety in your diet as well as exercise.I am thinking of walking in place fastly in my house while I read a book. I don;t feel comfortable going outside alone for a walk. Good luck on your quest for weight loss and hopefully you are doing this for better health!
• Perth, Australia
@Marty1 They do give some options. I first pick out how many calories I want and then it goes from there. I get options for breakfast and lunch and I do get to pick any dinner I want that is in the choices. I like the idea of doing some fast walking in the house. I like walking outside but really fast pace I'd do in the house or even jogging on the spot in the house. Thank you so much! I am hoping to reach the weight I want.
@VivaLaDani13 I often walk in the house it is fun, and if it too hoy outside or too cold you are in the comfy of your own house protected from the outside elements!
Working out alone want do much but if you change your eating and walk everyday or every other day then it should work, but everyone's bodies are different. In college I stopped eating fried foods, sweets, and soda and I walked every day for about and hour or two and always tried walking over 10,000 steps. Just doing that I lost about 15 pounds with it. I could feel that my thighs were slimmer and my shorts fit a lot better. You may want to add in more then just walking if you want to speed up weight loss. Also remember to make sure you are eating correct portion sizes and not over eating. Drink lots of water and just keep doing it. If you stop and give up the weight will come back, I know mine sure did and I hate it.
• Perth, Australia
@CaseyRoss9966 Thank you so much for answering this! You've given some great advice!
@Ritu96 (902)
• Sonipat, India
if u try it in long terms..then only walking may help u lose weight
• Perth, Australia
@Ritu96 ok awesome thank you!
You should lose weight id your activity is more that what you eat.
• Perth, Australia
@marguicha That's true! Thanks for your answer! :)