Hiding money in a relationship

Elberton, Georgia
If you had a partner or spouse who squandered money, would you purchase back money in another account in your name only. I've never had the money to put away. If I did, I certainly would be making changes. So, would you hide money to have money when you need it?
@hereandthere (29962)
i think it's also hard when only one spouse is the provider and controls the finances and leaves the other spouse clueless.
@Bhebelen14 (5204)
My husband and I have a joined accounts and separate accounts too. We both know how much we have in our savings accounts. In terms of purchasing anything for ourselves or for the house we talk about it and never ever hide money to each other.
My husband does not squander money, but I do have my own account. We have a joint account with both our names on it, and then I have my own. I never use the joint account, just mine. He pays for the big stuff, and I pay for the little stuff. He makes a lot more money than I do.
@rina110383 (24135)
If one day I'll have a partner or spouse, I'll make sure we maintain separate accounts. I don't like joint accounts regardless if he has a history of squandering or none.
I would do this. I would hide some if he was squandering money and we might need it at some point.
My husband and I always were on the same page as far as money is concerned.
@Dena91 (4201)
I guess it depends on what works for the couple. Mike and I share everything jointly, never crossed my mind to have a separate account. We're both savers anyways so that may be the reason why. It must be hard if one is a spender and the other a saver. I can see how this would cause a lot of troubles in a marriage. Have a blessed day
@zarlamain (24527)
I think it's up to the couple. Some people do that and don't think much of it. There's no law that states the spouses have to share all of their money with each other.
@skysnap (17820)
I think it depends on how the relationship is and if the trust is yet to be formed.