Favorite cartoons as a kid?

@Rohvannyn (3136)
Here's a little drawing of Marvin the Martian because I always thought he was funny. I liked Daffy Duck too, and the Coyote and Roadrunner. Other cartoons I watched were He-Man, She-Ra, the Thundercats, Silverhawks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and of course, the immortal Real Ghostbusters. I was the biggest ghosthead! I didn't like things like "Chip and Dale" and the Smurfs, or Rainbow Brite, or the Care Bears, very much at all. Speaking of Marvin, I was verrry verrry angrrry when a kid's show, Ranger Charlie and Rosco I think it was called, was shown instead of the Ghostbusters. The sacrilage! Do you have any fun childhood memories of watching cartoons?
@skysnap (17580)
My favorite was the superman and few other DC stars,.. also i spent time watching japanese cartoons too
@Rohvannyn (3136)
Those would be good. I love anime now, at the time there wasn't much in the way of quality stuff available. I was stuck watching Network TV.
@skysnap (17580)
@Rohvannyn I am huge bleach anime and manga fan. but that series is ending now. so i am checking other anime and manga stuff now.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
@skysnap My favorites are Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Rescue Wings, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, and Zipang. I also like Black Lagoon.
You must be about my age based on how many of these shows I remember watching. I loved chip and dale, carebears, ghost busters, get a long gang... Shows like punky brewster, zoobile zoo etc
@Rohvannyn (3136)
I remember Punky Brewster too. We probably are around the same age - I'm over 35, under 40.
@Rohvannyn I'm 32. My sister used to love the GEM and the holograms cartoon.
@Rohvannyn Soleil as "Punky" -- was a real cutie-pie; and now, she is exquisitely lovely... Check out: Gorgeous Soleil Moon Frye...
Soleil Moon Frye is all grown up, but the actress still has love for her inner Punky Brewster. These days the star is hosting Home Made Simple on OWN and kee...
We had three channels, we watched Smurfs and some other things because well that was one of the few kid's shows on. That and Sesame Street, Mr Rodgers, Reading Rainbow (favorite there), Captain Kangaroo, and a couple others. I think we might have gotten an early Xmen version I liked as well.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
Oh wow, I loved Reading Rainbow even though it was a bit juvenile for me. And I watched Sesame Street till a rather late age. It was the version that taught French instead of Spanish, because we were by the Canadian border.
@Rohvannyn I had no idea there was one that taught french! I thought it was always spanish
@Rohvannyn (3136)
@Jessicalynnt Yep, the Canadian Sesame Street did.
• Denmark
No TV when I was young in post-war Germany.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
I had TV from about age 6 to about age 22, then quit watching it again shortly after college. I do on a TV but I only watch anything on it once in a blue moon (maybe every few months?) and I don't miss it.
@Rohvannyn I have been watching TV a couple of times a month. I am thinking of keeping cable but only watching it every other month. I just want it there in case i have a burning desire t watch something. I don't miss TV when I don't watch it. I am going to try and see how long i can go without tv. i really have too much more constructive things i can do with my time!
@Rohvannyn (3136)
@Marty1 How about ditching the cable and watching something on Netflix or Amazon if you really want to see it? You can usually download or stream things for maybe two dollars an episode, and it costs a lot less than cable.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
All I can think of is that crazy roadrunner. I think I had a puzzle of Deputy Dawg when I was a kid.
@sallypup (22095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn Oh it was Quick Draw McDraw the horse cartoon character.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
I think it's funny that I now live in coyote and roadrunner country!
@Micmac (6858)
My favorite cartoon is The Roadrunner. I also like The Ren & Stimpy Show, Scooby-Doo, Garfield and Friends, The Loony Tunes and Tom & Jerry.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
Those are some good ones!
Power Puff Girls, Scooby - Doo, Tom & Jerry, Sailor Moon, Dragon Tales.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
I thought the Power Puff Girls were pretty cool when I was in college!
@UncleJoe (8618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Marvin the Martian was my favorite too until I found out that he was actually from New Jersey.
@Rohvannyn (3136)
That's a good one.
Our son was a ghosthead when he was little too! Let's see, Tom and Jerry was my favorite since Jerry was the cutest mouse ever! I remember our son would watch Animaniacs which was hilarious to me. You did a great rendering of Marvin the Martian!
@Rohvannyn (3136)
Thank you! I liked the Animaniacs too but never got a chance to watch them very often.
@EddieHands (33088)
Yes those are all great cartoons! I also like Gummi bears, SUper mario Super show,Zelda cartoon, Darkwing Duck,Batman, Bugs Bunny, wow just to many to name! Blessings
@Rohvannyn (3136)
Some of those sound like a lot of fun.
@rohvannyn I have seen Marvin the Martian in pictures never knew he had a name. I was more of care bears smurfs, bugs bunny fan!