When you want to buy something, do you prefer to save money first, or to take a credit?

@ourlot (993)
When you want to buy something, is it more motivating to save money until you can afford it, or, to take a credit and pay after you have the thing?
For me it's saving money. I don't own a credit card, so I can't charge anything. Money saving is the way to go.
I only buy something if I can already afford it. I had a mortgage for the house that is all I borrowed money for.
@cahaya1983 (10037)
Most times I prefer to save money, but I guess it also depends on how much I need it. I don't have a credit card though, I just prefer buying things cash.
@rina110383 (24069)
I don't have a credit card. I only buy the things that I need when I already have an available cash.
I save until I can afford it. I only use my credit card for gas or a rare purchase online and always pay it off each month.
@CinnamonGrl (6074)
• Paradise, California
If it's something I urgently NEED, a machine brroke down or something. I'll charge it. Otherwise, I prefer saving for it, because charging something of course costs you more.