Amazon Premiere Time

Paradise, California
Well it seems like it's always premiere time at Amazon, where they show you the pilots of several proposed new series. I am pretty impressed with the originals that come out of both Amazon and Netflix. I love Transparent, House of Cards, Grace and Frankie. Stranger Things, too.So many of these are so good I gravitate more to them than to regular TV. So it's "time" again for premieres at Amazon and I've started watching them today. We'll see if they shake out to be as good as past seasons. Do you watch the original series at Netflix and Amazon? Which ones do you like?
Yes I do and some of them I am very impressed with as well my friend. I do not recall the last one I watched, but it was wow and I believe it was Netflix made.
• Paradise, California
What genre was it? Man I always feel fancy when I say "genre."
@CinnamonGrl Now I cant recall that either lolz Oh wait it was called Bloodlines..so I guess it was drama genre hahaNow I am fancy too.
• Paradise, California
@TiarasOceanView OH yes, I love Bloodline and am so looking forward to it coming back!
@Mike197602 (13365)
• Worcester, England
I watched the UK original series of House of Cards years ago when I was 15 or so. I've not seen the US version but as there are more than the original few episodes they've obviously altered it enough to make it worth my while watching. I've never heard of transparent or the other things you mention. I do watch a lot of US tv but mainly through dodgy internet sites
• Paradise, California
Yes I understand the dodgy sites intimately, lol. I still haven't seen the original UK House of Cards but I hear that I should. The American House of Cards has completed four seasons and I think it's coming back for a fifth.
@Mike197602 (13365)
• Worcester, England
@CinnamonGrl I looked it up just, it came out in 1990 so I was 14 but very into politics and conspiracy etc. There were only ever 4 episodes so the US version must surely be totally different to the one I remember or else they've took the beginning and end from the original and filled the middle with new stuff
• Paradise, California
@Mike197602 Yup I'm sure he'll get what's coming to him eventually though.
@Platespinner (16532)
Longmire is currently the only Netflix series we're watching and we started that when the first two seasons were made available through streaming.
• Paradise, California
I haven't seen that one yet
@CinnamonGrl It is very well done, I recommend it if you enjoy detective type mysteries.
• Paradise, California
@Platespinner I do. I'll check it out
@Bluedoll (17078)
I really don't know but it seems to me the networks might have a better handle now on what will run next season and what will get dropped if they can get data info from the viewers. I've watched Stranger Things.
• Paradise, California
Stranger Things was so addictive! I was ready for a new season so fast!
@Bluedoll (17078)
@CinnamonGrl They seemed to bring it to a conclusion. I liked the little boy girl but so strange. Well all the children made the program and they left out the real gore. Thank you!
@MarymargII (9365)
• Toronto, Ontario
I love Netflix and am finishing Stranger Things right now- 3 more to go! but not sure where and what and when I can see the Amazon Premieres??
• Paradise, California
It's actually called Pilot season, I called it the wrong thing. There's a box at the top of the amazon site.
• Toronto, Ontario
@CinnamonGrl Okay thanks I'll take a look!
@OreoBrownie (3491)
• Elberton, Georgia
I guess I'm not familiar with that. I know about amazon prime.
• Paradise, California
Actually I titled it wrong. It's Pilot Season, where they show you the first episode of a show and you get to rate whether you want it to continue.
• Preston, England
I don't have Amazon or Netflix and in fact, no TV now
• Paradise, California
Ah. A reader?
I have them both .Seen them all. I enjoy most of them.
@Hate2Iron (7664)
With our connection out here, I doubt that we will be able to stream anything lol... I guess thats what you get when you move out of the city. ;)
• Paradise, California
You wouldn't believe how long I was still using dial up. Nobody DID believe me when I told them I was still using dial up
@Teep11 (6939)
Netflix has some good movies. Haven't seen any you've described here. I Tanikka Paulk love suspense and comedy. Enjoy the entertainment.
• Paradise, California
Not easy to find good suspense and comedy anymore. So much gratuitous gore and too silly stuff. I like to see the old Hitchcock kind of suspense.
@LoriAMoore (4810)
Can you believe I've never watched anything on Netflix or Amazon? Ack!