If life came with a real guide, it would probably look like this...

Centralia, Missouri
If life came with a real guide, it would probably look like this... if you can read this, then well, pretend it's in a language you cannot read, heh. Seriously. Just when I think we are good, life leans another direction. Or sometimes I want it to lean another direction. I keep thinking about if we could move back to Missouri. I know, I would have thought I'd never think that, but I miss that family, and I really do want to be closer. Ah, we shall see eh? Can't just load up the dogs and move like we did last time. We both had second jobs, and had 10K or saved up to move and live on until we got jobs, which he did in a month, and I did in 6. No, nowhere near that kind of buffer, plus there is, the whole house we are paying for. Still leaning towards selling it. This whole thing makes me rethink the whole buying a home thing. Jobs aren't that secure, so why tie down when you might not be able to stay? Who knows anymore.
@sallypup (30136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
My Mom lived in Missouri. Beautiful and poverty everywhere. Its hard at times to know what to do. We love this little place but right outside its boundaries, are tough out of luck on getting what we really need deep down. To move or not to move? Worth the expense and the start over or not?
Moving is a huge mess and expense all in its own too
• Walnut Creek, California
@Jessicalynnt I don't like moving! Too much work. And stressful.
@TheHorse is is alot of work, sometimes needful though
• Eugene, Oregon
I once took a promotion to move to Spokane as a manager and regretted it. I quit and returned to Eugene a year later. I had sold my house here and bought one there, but there was nothing about the place I liked.
@TheHorse and James, Eugene was lovely the last time I was there, I didn't like Spokane
@sallypup (30136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheHorse The weather is worse than where we live now cause its toward the Rockies. I wasn't in love with the place the times I've visited it.
@AutumnSnow (4582)
Your probably right about what the guide would like,lol. It's hard to figure things out sometimes and lately I've been feeling the same way while in some ways I don't like we are living at the same time I don't really like the idea of committing to buying a house. Our kids are getting older and a couple of them will be on their own in a couple of years so I just don't know what to do right now. Sounds like we're kind of in the same boat.
I wish we had a nice camper, could just move as needed
@sueznewz2 (10155)
• Alicante, Spain
I think your right about the guide to life looking a lot like that.... .... sorry to hear life keeps throwing you curve balls and things are uncertain for you.... I agree though buying a house these days is a bit risky given the economy...., and it's getting very expensive again and fewer and fewer people are able to do it....
I wish we hadn't, we need to move if hubby is to get back into EMS and am kinda stuck
@sueznewz2 (10155)
• Alicante, Spain
@Jessicalynnt I hope it works out for you... sooner ... rather that later...
I think that perhaps a person goes through a time when they are real young when they want to push out alone into the world and they put family behind them. Then when they are a little older maybe the family thing begins to sound good to them. Who does know anymore?
So true, wish I had never gone as far as I did
@Jessicalynnt ......But family is just that --family. Maybe you can Skype or do something to get things closer again.
@celticeagle most of them dont use that sort of thing, I can call, that's about it
• Walnut Creek, California
Where are you right now?
Texas
• Walnut Creek, California
@Jessicalynnt Oh, I lived in Austin for my first year but don't remember it. There are parts of Texas I wouldn't want to live in.
@TheHorse if we moved south it would to be to like san antonio, dont like austin tons although some is ok, deff NOT Houston though
@sofssu (18543)
I guess life is complicated because we want too many things all at once. Learning to accept what we have and being content could help us lead happier lives. Personally I think life isn't all that complicated. Sorry about how you are feeling though.
Sometimes we also muddle things and make it more complicated
@sofssu (18543)
@Jessicalynnt so true. But we need to forgive ourselves and move on..
@sofssu hard when you are still dealing with the aftermath and see no end to it
Owning your own home was the be-all in Australia but it is getting more and more out of reach of young people.
I wish we had just gotten a camper
@Jessicalynnt There is a lot to be said for having a mobile home of some sort. But people still hanker for a 4x2 with all the trimmings.
@JudyEv yeah, right now I just wish we had the mobile home so we could go where the work was
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
Sure, home ownership can be a burden as well as a blessing.
Yeah, we know Sssssooooo much more now. Were dumb at the beginning
@Inlemay (17162)
• South Africa
and then it might be in a language we cannot read - ha ha ha
Exactly, lol
Life is uncertain. I found that out the hard way, and lost my home, but I think that was for the better.
It has sounded like that yeah
Hopefully you'll make the right decisions.
Me too
Many times change is scary but it could also be a good thing.
so far, just scary
Uggh decisions decisions well they must be made and change is sometimes scary but good in the end -- hang in there
may be made for me, well, it is what is is for now, im not making any major decisions, going to wait and see what happens
@UncleJoe (11432)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Life does come with a guide. A blueprint for a fulfilling life. It's called the Bible.