Recent books

@radhruv (138)
New Delhi, India
I love reading books. So I used to purchase them whenever I get a hand on them. The fine prints and the smell of the pages reminds of things happened during that time. But now a days ebooks have replaced the hard copies. One can simply download the books they want to go through and then with a click of button delete the same. It's not same as the paperbacks. Those books were preserved and reread many times and also they changed different hands before getting back. Also remember the times when we would rush to the bookstore to get the first copy. How proud the moments were! All have vanished into thin air with the introduction of ebooks. Could one have the same feeling as that of holding a book in one hand while sipping a hot coffee sitting in balcony enjoying the cool air!
@Meramar (1851)
Ebooks might have their advantages, but I still prefer paper books. It doesn't mind if it's a brand new one, or a second (or thousand hand) one from the market. To hold a story in your hands and to feel the owner of the history, thoughts, adventures.... even for just a few days is incomparable.
@radhruv (138)
• New Delhi, India
Quite true. There is someone who agree with me. Thanks
@meramar Just have to tell you your description of reading a paper book is beautifully written. You chose just the right words that go together!
@Meramar (1851)
@Marty1 Thank you!
@responsiveme (14385)
The bookmarket on Sundays at Darygunj is still vibrant
@radhruv (138)
• New Delhi, India
Yes it's true. But either the price is too high or the books are the ones that are already read
@responsiveme Do you go to this book market very often? I wished i could go with you if you go,
@Marty1 This is in Delhi, India's capital, far from my place ....it is a second hand book market on Sundays...so whenver I visit Delhi I make sure to include a Sunday , so I can visit. I would love to have you with me.:)
I don't agree that proper books have disappeared into thin air. I have never read an ebook, and most likely never will. I have bookcases full of books - I love them.
@MattMeng (3312)
• Hangzhou, China
You must have get a lot of knowledge from them.
@MattMeng It's retaining that knowledge that is the difficult part.
@MattMeng (3312)
• Hangzhou, China
@jaboUK We could understand in a long time.
@millie02 (5712)
I love reading books too.
@else34 (13666)
• New Delhi, India
@radhruv,I have been a book lover sine my adolescence.I have inherited love for books from my parents.But I prefer to read traditionally printed books.Of course,they need space,yet I love them.
@MattMeng (3312)
• Hangzhou, China
Yes, they need space, and they need a lot of money.
@else34 (13666)
• New Delhi, India
@MattMeng Of course,still I love to see,touch,read and store them.
@MattMeng (3312)
• Hangzhou, China
@else34 You are rather lucky to have enough money to do that.
@MattMeng (3312)
• Hangzhou, China
I love the smell of books very much when I was a student. But I think the technical of ebooks is a great progress because we can save a lot of material and energy.
@radhruv (138)
• New Delhi, India
Ebooks as reference material do save a lot of money. But certain books by some specific authors are best as paperback
@MattMeng (3312)
• Hangzhou, China
@radhruv Yes, of course we could read paper books much easier.
@radhruv You make a good point there are just some books that are best in paper books especially if you want to read them again!
@skysnap (17583)
I most check ebooks over paperback books. I also have amazon's kindle subscrption.
@skysnap Do you have Kindle Unlimited? I noticed you have Kindle do you get the unlimited I think it is great!
@skysnap (17583)
@Marty1 Yes I have kindle unlimited and helps me get free book per month... it's good if you read a lot. i read while going to and from the cab in my workplace.
@skysnap I agree it is a great book deal, I read many books from them then i have three other book clubs with unlimited books!
@scheng1 (24950)
I love to read real books too, but I do not buy any books. i just go to the library to borrow. Our library always has new books, and they will sell away the old books in a big national sale.
@radhruv (138)
• New Delhi, India
That's great. In this way you get to new books and if wanted retain the old ones. We have platform markets where we could purchase a book and sell the same at half the price
@april_ang (386)
Real good book + coffee = lil piece of heaven, I can read 20 hours straight, as long as it's a good book I read ebook too..and articles too.. and comic too.. journals.. text book.. I don't know which one that I like more, books or reading. Maybe I just love to feed my brain.
@april_ang I don't know if i like books or reading better either. I think I love both and could not give preference of one over another! I also love feeding my brain as you so greatly put it!
@7864aru (171)
• Pune, India
Yes, you can have the same feeling while saving money & purchasing books online... N well about coffee sip & book reading.. Buy Amazon kindle or similar product & you will get same feel of old book..
@radhruv (138)
• New Delhi, India
But it will not be like the feel one gets while turning the pages of book
@7864aru (171)
• Pune, India
@radhruv, well half true because you will get same sound of turning page in kindle or ebbok reader but not the feel of touching book. It will much softer as its screen!
• Austin, Texas
I don't know how many times people ask this question. I prefer hard cop or paper backs. But they are people who read on their Kindle or cell phones. It's all good!
@Nishkriti (132)
• Kolkata, India
I still read paperbacks and love them. I plan to get a personal mini library someday, in my study room. The feeling that I get by merely looking at a book is unexplainable. The way a book gets old through all those re-reads...that out of nowhere urge to read that particular passage and then searching for it....many many more such tidbits....paperbacks and hardcovers are so much about the passion one has for reading.
@swalia (1252)
I prefer paper books. My kindle is lying unused at my home.
@rudhruv I love books, too, I like both e-books and paper books, I read both types of books. I don't buy many paper books anymore as i don;t have too many bookstores near me. i guess they closed with the advent if e-books. But I do read books on a Kindle and paper books I own and library books!
• Bournemouth, England
I hardly go anywhere without a book - a hard copy one, that is. I do a lot of work, including posting here, on an ereader but the only ebooks I have ever read have been free ones, usually very short, or sample chapters.
@tzwrites (3442)
I still prefer hardcover or paperback books to these ebooks. I just like holding the book in my hand while I read.