The pot calling the kettle black

You have probably heard of people who think they are so smart, so rich, so powerful, have the best of everything, have a big home, the best of everything - or so they say or want us to think may be more accurate. Then that same person criticizes someone who is doing the same thing...a person saying they have the best, they are smart, they are rich, they the biggest home the best husband and family. To me that is the pot calling the kettle black. Those who really are happy and have the best probably are not going around bragging about it...they don't need to. Just some thoughts for today...... Photo: pixabay.com/en/kettle-bbq-food-barbecue-fire-793161/
a good thought for the day.I do not or never brag what I have.No reason to.We all have our own thing.
So true and @amadeo, you are so right, we all have our own things to be happy about and they are different from others. I don't see the need for bragging.
Yes we do - but I do brag about a few thing - one is the fact that I'm happy (and that is something to brag about) and I do brag about my Ruby LOL.
@AbbyGreenhill I tend to brag about m Hamster Marty but that i can't help because he is the reason I am somewhat happy. But i a looking for the source of happiness but can't seem to find it.
@silvermist (15807)
@AbbyGreenhill Random thoughts for today? Well,as there is a lot of truth in it,it calls for introspection.Do I think I am the best?Do I brag because I have everything?NO.I am not the best,I do not have everything. And I do not pretend I have every thing and brag.So I am happy I am not the pot calling the kettle black.But are there people like that?Yes,plenty of them.It is a good discussion to have .Thanks.
Thank you very much - this was on my mind for a while and today seemed to be the day to put it out there.
@silvermist (15807)
@AbbyGreenhill Way to go!
@silvermist I think you make a lot of sense today, too! I agree with everything you said!
You make a valid point. There is a lot of that going around seems. My mom use to use that saying quite a bit.
It's a old saying and us old folks still use it, well I do anyway.
@AbbyGreenhill I am older than you going to be 45 soon, and I still use it!
@Marty1 You sure are not older than me, I'm 69.
There are people who want to flaunt it and be flamboyant. Others are humble and just enjoy what they have. One things I like to say is this: It takes all kinds to make a world.
It sure does and even smaller, it takes all kinds to make a family LOL
@AbbyGreenhill ....Oh, isn't that the truth?!
the people that call their own praises to the world seem to me, to be protesting too much, like the louder they talk, the more people wont see their lacking, whatever they are hiding
I know exactly what you mean.
@AbbyGreenhill there is also a difference between being proud of something, like bragging on something your kid or something did, and rubbing people's faces in a thing.
@Jessicalynnt Absolutely. I hate getting my nose all dirty LOL
@abbygreenhill Very true very sensible thought for today! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, once in a while I like to be sensible, usually I'm a little off the wall LOL
@AbbyGreenhill I am usually the one off the wall LOL! I think you are always sensible!
@Marty1 I am sensible, thanks...I try to be funny also Ha Ha
• Pleasant Hill, California
A favorite psychology professor of mine put it simply: Life is a projective test.
So how do you deal with people like I described?
@LeaPea2417 (14652)
• Toccoa, Georgia
You are very right on that.
This has been on my mind, so I let it out to air LOL
@CinnamonGrl (5635)
• Paradise, California
We use that expression to mean when you criticize someone for the same faults as your own.
It sure is.
This is very common.
It sure is and when it's right up in my face I react to it.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
I'm quite happy where I am....but being thought of as riffraff by those who are in a different class financially doesn't sit comfortably. Not having a six digit income doesn't make us riffraff. I know some people with tons of money who are classless idiots.
Funny you commented on this post today as the one I wrote today about bragging falls into the same category. I know rich people who are the nastiest people in the world but people suck up to them to be part of the in crowd.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
@AbbyGreenhill it showed up beside your other discussion.....in the you might also like column.
@Morleyhunt Oh ok, thanks for letting me know.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Anyone satisfied with their life won't need to do any of that.
True then one particular person must be very dissatisfied..
@sueznewz2 (9333)
• Alicante, Spain
yes it's a pity when people do that... there's no need for it...