~It's Strange Needing Care~

Jacksonville, Florida
As most of you know I am a childcare provider in my home. I love little ones and taking care of them. =) I am used to being the babysitter. Now though since we no longer live near family we actually need a sitter. Our van is broke down. The car we are borrowing to get to my OB appointment won't fit all of our kids in it. So we have to find a babysitter to watch them while we go. It feels weird being the one who needs a provider for once! We have no family here and no friends we can actually depend on. I hate it... =( I have been looking in my babysitting group but so far the only ones I would trust charge $12 per hour or more-which we cannot afford. I am paranoid when it comes to my children so I will be doing a background check, need references, and I will need to get an overall good vibe from the person. Wish me luck in finding a trustworthy sitter please!
Good luck, living where you have no family to help out makes a lot of things more difficult.
@AbbyGreenhill Yeah it is really hard and I hate it. But where my family lives there are no jobs... =(
@Jenning (2023)
• Nigeria
@LovingMyBabies GOD provides for you. If it's GOD you're needing care from, you're fulfilled. HE will provide Jenny.
@gudheart (12746)
It must be very hard :( I am lucky I have some close at hand but we only have a very small family.
@lovingmybabies Yes, i can see how that would be hard to leave your children with just anyone. I hope you find someone to take care of them at an affordable rate, not 12 dollars an hour which to me seems steep! Do you have any neighbors you would trust them? MY sister sometimes gets the neighbor boys to watch my nephew because she knows they are good and trusts them. Maybe you can have a friend you trust to take care of them? But now my nephew is staying home himself after school, and he actually stayed at my house in the dark when he wouldn't go out with my sister and i when she came to visit! And he didn't even put on the light which made us so proud of him! I am sending good thoughts and wishes your way!
@marty1 Thank you, I hope we can find someone good. We only have one neighbor and we don't know them at all. Yeah twelve an hour is way above my budget! I also sadly don't have dependable friends. =( The one I do have works full time so she can't do it. Unfortunately I have no choice but to hire someone which I'm not crazy about.
@LovingMyBabies I am sure you will as you will look until you do find somebody because just from your posts you really do love your kids. If it is any consolation i won't even hire anybody to look after my hamster i don't trust anybody enough. If anybody invites me someplace to stay overnight, my hamster has to be invited because I don't trust any human (I WOULD trust you) to look after my Marty!
@Marty1 Oh well thank you. I do love my children with all of my heart. =) Thanks, I would definitely take good care of Marty, hamsters are so adorable!
Good luck, I can only imagine how difficult this will be to find the right person at the right price who has openings when you have an appointment.
@juliaacv Thank you! It is very difficult. I'm just praying we find someone good that we can afford.
@LovingMyBabies You know that if this were the real world and not a virtual one, you'd have friends lined up to help you out.
@Juliaacv Thank you, I do know that and I love it. =) I wish everyone lived closer! I have so many friends here that I know I could trust.
It's hard when you don't have family to help. And doing a check on people is good nowadays.
@Susan2015 Yeah it is really difficult. I will be checking the person in every way possible.
@bunnybon7 (36876)
• Holiday, Florida
plus i do really hope you find a great sitter. prayers
@bunnybon7 Thank you, we need prayers for sure!
@bunnybon7 (36876)
• Holiday, Florida
i know what you mean. for years i would hardly trust anyone with my kids. and even when i did, i felt i had to hurry back for worrying and felt rather bare without them.
@bunnybon7 We never leave our kids because we don't trust anyone with them but I have to go to these appointments so I have no choice. We will only be a couple hours so hopefully I will find someone I can feel comfortable with just for a little while.
@Platespinner (16774)
We've always lived far from family so finding child care was a bit of a nightmare. Life got so much easier when we could leave the oldest in charge!
@Platespinner I am sure it was difficult. We know the feeling now! I hate it. I won't leave my oldest in charge until she's at least 16 and even then it depends on her maturity level at that time so we have a long time to wait!! Lol.
@LovingMyBabies We started leaving our kids with the oldest in charge when he was 13. He was very responsible (and still is), and ended up leaving him in charge overnight a few times starting when he was 15, not the ideal situation, but extenuating circumstances sometimes force less than ideal choices.
@RubyHawk (26651)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You have my best wishes, I can imagine how hard to find someone who is reasonable and you can trust With most women going out to work, neighbors are usually out of the equation.
@Rubyhawk Yeah it is not easy at all! I just pray we will find someone we can trust and afford.
@RubyHawk (26651)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies I'm hoping and have my fingers crossed.
I hope you find a great sitter.
@paigea Thank you, I hope so too!
@gudheart (12746)
Good luck with it and you are right to do a good background check etc as you never know nowadays. It's scary how evil some people can be to little ones.
@gudheart Yeah people are sometimes not good so I do want to be very careful. My babies are my world.
• Rochester, New York
Could your hubby stay home with the kids while you go to the appointment? That would help with the babysitting. I miss babysitting, but alas I'm far too old to be doing it now. lol
@LisaSteinmetz I don't drive or else we would do that. I am also nervous when it comes to doctors so I want him with me either way.
@responsiveme (16756)
Wishing you the very best of luck, hope you get a nice person soon.
@responsiveme Thank you, I hope so too.
@Jackalyn (6659)
• Oxford, England
I think working in childcare can make you very cautious who you leave your kids with. I was a childcare tutor for years and know it was always hard to leave my own kids with anyone. Hope you find the right person.
@Jackalyn Yeah it is really hard! I'm used to being the provider and my kids are my world so I am paranoid. Thanks, I hope we do too.
• New Delhi, India
All the best Hope u soon find a good sitter...n all things fall in place
@amitkokiladitya Thank you, I hope so as well.
@RitzzView (2763)
Wish you all the luck babe! Hope life goes smooth soon! Be brave till then!
@RitzzView Thank you!
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
I hope you find someone awesome.
@ms1864 Thank you very much! =)
• Japan
If we were closer we would be happy to help you out, but Tokyo is kind of far to commute.
@petatonicsca Aw, thank you. Yes that would be a bit too far!
Good luck in finding someone good. Are you taking the baby with you?
Good luck with finding someone you are happy with. It can be hard if you have no family nearby.
@HazySue (21838)
I do wish you luck in your search for a baby sitter. It is hard to find someone that you feel safe in leaving your children with. Good luck.