Same difference...huh?

This weekend I wanted to make a batch of brownies to take to a Homecoming covered dish dinner at church. I had a box of Fudge brownie mix, so I decided to use that instead of making the dessert from scratch. I read the directions, very straightforward: Mix together contents of bag, one egg, 1/4 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of water. This was for the original fudge brownies. At the bottom of the box, it gave the directions if you wanted a more cake-like brownie: Mix together contents of bag, one egg, 1/4 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of water. Huh? What am I missing here? I used the twice-printed directions, wondering if the brownies would be fudge-like or cake-like. In light of more important world issues, I can announce that the brownies were definitely fudge-like. Of course, adding some milk chocolate chips and copped pecans helped tremendously. I suspect sometimes our directions are written by people whose first language is not English. I'd hate to see what I'd come up with if I had to write something in Chinese or Spanish!
Yum I'm sure everyone will love the brownies.,
They did turn out well!
Sure they tasted just fine. I once made runny fudge and ate it by the spoonful, it tasted great.
Fudge pudding, huh?
@antonbunot (9509)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, I hope those who wrote the "how-to-instructions" are not the same people, who wrote instructions. featured in Engrish.com.
That is so funny!
• Calgary, Alberta
@1creekgirl Ever read those funny instructions written in English (mostly from China and Japan) in Engrish.com? They are so funny!
@antonbunot I'll have to check it out.
@FayeHazel (16506)
Oh that is funny. I don't know that I've ever made brownies from scratch - always box mix. I think the only difference in fudge like or cake like is more eggs for cake like. I love your idea about adding chocolate chips and nuts
I remember with my old original brownie recipe that if I wanted a more cake-like brownie, I added a little milk to it. They're really not hard to make from scratch, but the box mix is even easier.
I am sure they taste amazing! My favorite dessert is brownies. =)
I used to always make them from scratch. Sometimes I made cream cheese brownies...yummy.
@Fleura (7113)
Looks as though they missed out some crucial additional ingredient!
@Platespinner (16533)
I don't use box mixes since they have too many ingredients I prefer to avoid. Besides which, brownies are pretty simple to make even from scratch. Egg, butter, cocoa powder, flour and sugar. (of course having the correct amount of each is pretty important).
@LoriAMoore (4871)
Good observation on your part!
More and more of our electrical goods are arriving with instructions that are way-out at best and useless at worst. The brownies sound lovely.