Applying for a Credit Card. Need an Advice.

Davao, Philippines
In the coming months, I will need to buy things for the repair of our house and pay some bills. And I've been planning to get a credit card. What's a good first timer credit card? What are the things I need to consider?
@skysnap (17814)
I think Visa has some good new comer plans. I am not sure about mastercard and american express.
I like the Visa Rewards Card since you get a bit of cash back when you use it to pay for a variety of things. I received a reward of $75 on our new central air unit.
• Davao, Philippines
Thank you Deborah. I'm wondering what is the process with visa and is the requirements complicated? And yes I'm also interested with rewards.
@donghenry My bank, Bank of America, set me up with one. I already had a MasterCard, but they said the Rewards Card was better due to cashback, and it came in the mail. I bet you can go online and apply for one, but I have not tried that yet.
@CoolPeace (1593)
• Miami, Florida
Try going through your bank or credit union.
@hereandthere (28855)
have you tried applying for a multipurpose loan at pagibig? it's different from the housing loan. try asking your hr or go to the pagibig website and search for mpl or multipurpose loan.
• Davao, Philippines
Hello @hereandthere, thank you for that information. I never heard that before. though i haven't tried applying for a loan to any government institutions. will look into it and hopefully the interest is not that high.
@donghenry you can also apply for an sss salary loan. check the websites or ask your hr department.