the rights of unmarried father over his child

September 7, 2006 8:56pm CST
my son has 5 year old kid. although his son was born out of wedlock, they live together for 4 years, until the mother flew to New york.
1 response
@sedel1027 (17855)
• United States
8 Sep 06
As long as his name is on the birth certificate he has all legal rights to the child. If the mother left the state without him knowing, he can say that she kidnapped the child if he wanted to. If he wants custody, he should seek a lawyer. If he files where you live, she must come to all court dates in your state.