I should feel excited. But I don't.

@FayeHazel (16393)
So friends, it is finally Halloween weekend and a band I really like is playing. Normally I look forward to them playing in town, way too much. Like, more than is reasonable. I consider a bunch of them in the band to be friends. Well I don't know how good of friends. Earlier this summer I was in a band - I invited one of my friends from this band to come see me. And he did! And the band I was in broke up - and now I find that the old "boss" from my band will be auditing with this band. I feel a little betrayed. I feel like my friend wasn't there for me. I feel like he was there to head hunt in my band. But I don't know anything for sure. So there's an odd tension there. Also an odd sadness. I miss the old band line up. They lost one of their players in January to suicide. Also this is the band's last date at this place near me. I don't know if they'll be back or when. I know I've simply given this band too much importance in my life, but I always have a self confidence boost when I go see them and a great time.... Thanks for putting up with my odd ramblings MyLot
I a confused although I read the entire post. I want to ask something but maybe I should not. I hope you find a solution
@FayeHazel (16393)
Oh thanks for reading... I'm sorry for the confusion. There's a lot of left out in order to be concise. The whole thing's a jumble. Feel welcome to ask whatever you want though, I'm pretty open....
@FayeHazel That is ok. Enjoy your day.
@FayeHazel (16393)
@sharon6345 THanks! You too
@Raine38 (9029)
No parties for us either this Halloween. We're avoiding last year's drama, and as we learned that the same person is going to be a major player in this year's event we opted to sit this one out and stay home. We might go out for dinner and some movies but that's just about it.
@FayeHazel (16393)
That can be nice too. I hope you had a nice time - even though not going out. Sounds like you had your share of drama too, sorry to hear that.
@Raine38 (9029)
@FayeHazel oh yes! You would think some people have grown and matured only to find out they have not left their drama back in high school
• Calgary, Alberta
I wont be dressing up this Halloween because I am pressured to run a business trusted on me. I wont have holidays at all.
@FayeHazel (16393)
Aw, you will need to be your professional self huh? Maybe next year?....
• Calgary, Alberta
@FayeHazel I was given residence in Canada because of this. I have to take this seriously if I wanted to be naturalized.
@FayeHazel (16393)
@CaptAlbertWhisker - Oh that's fantastic. -- Where are you from originally? Congratulations!
It is hard to attend an event with sad feelings in play. You may just want to see the band since some positives will result if you attend.
@FayeHazel (16393)
Thanks, appreciate that advice... One person in that band has really hurt me, however I am great friends with another person from the same band....
@theBlock (2615)
@FayeHazel Being in a band is a great, especially if there is camaraderie among the members. I've kind of been through the same thing when I was in a band years ago. I had put those ill feelings behind me. Thanks for sharing your experience!
@FayeHazel (16393)
Thanks @theBlock -- it seems like drama and trying to get ahead at all costs overtake people sometimes. What do you play? Do you think you will join or form another band?
@5thHouse (1693)
• Sheffield, England
I kind of wish I still got enthusiastic about Halloween but I don't, although my girls have told me they're making a Baked Alaska cake tomorrow with orange colouring so that it resembles a pumpkin. So that's something.
@FayeHazel (16393)
My friend is like that too, Halloween is just not her thing... though that "pumpkin" shaped cake sounds pretty cool
@mysimplelot (1105)
• Asansol, India
Listening to old Bands is always a pleasure. Yes it boosts your self confidence.
• Eugene, Oregon
That must be hard thing to deal with, yet change seems constant in life and in bands.