~This Is My Peaceful Place~

Jacksonville, Florida
Mylot has always been my sanctuary, my place I can come to for some peace. I think I want to keep it that way. Sorry if that's selfish of me but I just want to keep Mylot for myself. I was going to tell Aunt Mary (Johnny's aunt) about Mylot but I changed my mind. I will keep this as my sanctuary and my place to vent now & then as needed. =) I'm not wanting to share Mylot! Do you have family or friends here? (Not including our Mylot friends and family-we're all a big family here in my eyes).
I understand completely. I don't have blood family here either.
@just4him Yeah I enjoy being able to write freely here. =)
@LovingMyBabies It's easy to do.
My baby sister, but she's not here much
@JolietJake Yeah and you would speak your mind the same way even if she was here often. Lol
@LovingMyBabies She'd think something was wrong with me if I didn't
@JolietJake I figured that! Lol
• Grand Junction, Colorado
Completely understand. When I first joined, my daughter joined right after me, she was 15 at the time. She was active for a few months and then got busy with teenage things. She is now 26 and is married with a baby. I don't know if she even remembers mylot. I don't want to share either, although it wouldn't bother me with her, but anyone else agreed, they can find their own "place". My brother also joined, but that was because of a discussion that I had written involving him and he joined in to give some first hand information. That was the only discussion that he participated in and he never came back. That was in 2007 and I doubt that he would even remember joining.
@beaniefanatic13 Yeah I am keeping it my private place from now on. Years ago my mother joined but she didn't stay long and that was ok with me. =)
I don't really encourage any friends to join. It's hard to explain why but like you, I think it would 'cramp my style' if I thought my friends were reading my stuff.
@Judyev Yeah I just want to be able to vent if I need to and with someone I know personally here I wouldn't be able to as much.
@LovingMyBabies My thoughts exactly.
I feel the same way about mylot so that is why I have not shared it with my family and friends.
@Happy2beme Yeah I want to be able to feel comfortable here without many restrictions. =)
@LovingMyBabies Me too that is why I never shared it with anybody.
My husband is on here but he has been helping a relative repair house so he has not been able to come on lately.
@jstory07 I didn't know your husband is on Mylot! What's his name here if you don't mind me asking?
@Jenning (2031)
• Nigeria
@LovingMyBabies Lol. She wouldn't mind
I did tell some friends and my daughter at the very beginning, and one friend and my daughter did sign up. The friend did nothing, while my daughter posted one post and I guess she didn't like the replies, so she never returned. That said, I keep MyLot to myself too.
@Carmelanirel I have in the past told a couple people about it but they never stuck with it which is better for me. =)
It is my sanctuary too and, only person I ever invited was my bro, but he didn't stay. I think he was majorly discouraged by bubblews.
@trbrocks420 Yeah lot's of people were so I understand that.
I don't blame you. I have started to tell someone about Mylot and then I check myself. I like to keep it just for myself also. Don't feel bad. We should all have a special place that is just for ourselves.
@celticeagle Yeah that's happened to me a few times but I changed my mind and didn't tell them. I'm glad because I enjoy being able to speak my mind freely here.
@LovingMyBabies .....Yes, it should be a place you can go and feel free to speak your mind and not hold back because others are on here.
@Platespinner (16817)
I currently have a sister, a sister in law and niece who start discussions occasionally. One of my brothers has an account but he isn't active at the moment. I don't consider this a "safe" place to vent since in all honesty it is impossible to control who sees what I post, and I prefer to keep my private life private.
@Platespinner I like to use Mylot to vent. I don't get out much to meet people and make friends so this is the only place I have to express what I'm feeling. I'm not important enough for people to search the web for what I post so I'm not concerned with that...
@LovingMyBabies I express what I am feeling through journalling and prayer--especially if it is in regards to other people. For two reasons #1 my personal view is only one side of the story and #2 I try to avoid gossip. As for safety and security online... I was raised by parents who both grew up under Nazi occupation so I am probably a little more cautious than most because I know there isn't nearly as much safety in being "not important enough" as we would like to believe. Also, many employers use social media when vetting potential hires (and ultimately MyLot is another form of social media) and there are others folks out there who use social media and internet searches for less savory reasons. It's my job to protect my children, and being cautious about what I share publicly is part of that. Again it is one more area in which different people view things differently and make different decisions as a result.
I have the same feeling as you when it comes to myLot . Though , before my daughter and her boyfriend were here too . But they went busy with their medical studies . I am glad , i have myLot for myself again .
@SIMPLYD I'm glad I have it to myself too. =)
@ms1864 (6943)
• Bangalore, India
understandable. I haven't told anyone about mylot either....though people i know would not be consistent here.
@ms1864 Yeah there's only a few people here that I know who would want to join but I don't want to tell them about it.
I have no family here.Just Friends
@amadeo Me either and I like it this way. =)
@Daljinder (19276)
Can't blame you for thinking that. lol I won't share myLot with anyone either. Lucky for me none of my family know much about how to communicate in English written or oral. So, they can't use it either way!
@Daljinder Yeah you definitely don't have to worry about it then! How did you learn English? I'm just curious now. =)
@Daljinder (19276)
@LovingMyBabies No worries about curiosity. I am guilty of that myself. I paid attention in school when English was one of our main subjects- one of my favourite. I read a lot which has a great impact on your level of understanding and usage of the language. As a teacher, I always stressed on practical application of the language and a LOT of reading of the text (in whichever form you enjoy like stories, jokes,etc.). Learning only the rules, grammar and basic is not enough.
If I had family/friends here I wouldn't be able to rant and complain about the now would I LOL
@Abbygreenhill Lol. Nope you sure couldn't!
@LovingMyBabies And I plan to rant later about such a relative LOL
Nope. I do not have. Like you,I do not want to share mylot.
@Iam_jauntyjen Yeah I like it being my personal place. =)
@PurnaSharma (1770)
Nobody is here out of my physically knowing.. And of course you are my one of the family member of mylot family.
@Purnasharma Aw thank you! =)
@LeaPea2417 (12783)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree, myLot is a peaceful sanctuary for me. No, none of my family or friends are here.
@Leapea2417 Yeah I think its better this way. =)
No, no family and friends (from real life) here. It is also my peaceful little place.
@marlina It's much easier for me this way. =)
Like you, this is my private place.
@DianneN Yeah I like it this way! =)