The big BANG of fireworks !

United Kingdom
I guess that last night was the busiest night for fireworks as it was actually 5th November. Whilst I no longer go to displays I do sometimes watch them from my window. The colours are truly amazing .....but ....why do they need to be so loud. It scares young children, the elderly and animals ! Can they not be enjoyed without the loudness ! What do you think ?
I think sounds give perfection and strength to fire works. But if there are loud really its bad to hear.
@skysnap (18204)
Pets here in my place don't get scared of fireworks anymore.
I did write a post about silent fireworks quite a while ago. A city in Italy did the silent fireworks due to not wanting to upset those suffering from PTSD, and to alleviate the fear for pets. The fireworks are not totally silent, but emit a less nerve-wracking noise.
The town of Collecchio passed a law that requires fireworks to be silent. The law is intended to protect pets and wildlife from problems caused by loud noises.
Oh wow really ? Wild dogs or animals don't seem to mind humans who play with fire works or use of pyrotechnics so why now make it easier for the domesticated breeds @Corbin5 ?
@enlightenedpsych2 That is a very good question. I suppose domesticated breeds have been raised from puppy days in environments that do not allow them to get used to all the sounds wild puppies experience on a daily basis.
@Corbin5 no wonder there is such a huge demand for veterinary psychologists . . .
@chiwasaki (4661)
I love watching fireworks whether it is in the television or live. We usually watch it Manila Bay and the view is spectacular.
What celebration warranted having a fireworks display @Traceyjayne ?