Favorite Raiders Players #10 - Lyle Alzado

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I'm going to have some fun now, hopefully you too. I am a die hard Raiders fan, so I figured I'd do a series about my Favorite Raiders Players. #10 belongs to the late, great Lyle Alzado. Lyle Alzado was drafted and played for, the Denver Broncos. He also played for the Cleveland Browns, but he was a born Raider. According to Wikipedia, Alzado, who died in 1982 at 42 years old, had 112.5 Quarterback sacks, recovered 20 fumbles, and accounted for three safeties. He also once fought Ali in an exhibition. Despite his tough guy image, Alzado was a community service guy, winning the Byron "Whizzer" White award for such service. My favorite Lyle Alzado moment came at the end of the Raiders' Super Bowl XVIII victory, a camera shot of him on the sideline, near tears. Here's to not only a great Raider, but to a superb football player, regardless of the am.
My tribute to Lyle Alzado. First, and most important, is that he gave a lot of time and money to charity which is always overlooked. He raised $10 million do...
He was before my time, but this should be a cool series.
I hope so. I think it will be fun.
I remember him. I believe that I also saw him on a TV show or two.
Yes, he appeared in a lot of TV shows as well.
@LoriAMoore (10031)
I liked him too.