Feeling the Christmas spirit...

Coming home from work today I noticed that there were quite a few houses with the Christmas lights on and their yards and homes all decorated. Everything always looks so beautiful when it is all lit up. The Christmas spirit has hit me. Saturday evening is our annual Santa Claus parade so I am excited about that. On Sunday Santa arrives at the mall so Christmas is definitely in the air. I love this time of year so much. It truly is a magical time. I love all the smiling faces, the hustle and bustle, and all the Christmas music playing wherever you go. Does the place where you live have a Santa Claus Parade? If so when is it held and it is a daytime or evening parade? We use to have it in the daytime here but a few years back they changed it to the evening and it is so much nicer with all the floats lit up. I am really looking forward to it.
Now you're in the spirit :) I don't think there are any nearby parades but local events yes!! There are some who have their homes decorated outdoors already too.
That is awesome
@Happy2BeMe I am trying to persuade to put the Christmas tree up earlier :)
@infatuatedbby Mine is going up earlier this year! I hope you get to put up yours early too!
@MGjhaud (20822)
I moved in to this apartment few months ago so i'm not familiar or i haven't experienced Christmas activities around here yet. And I haven't heard a single Christmas song so far -- no decorations.
@ramapo17 (17804)
• Melbourne, Florida
Pretty soon the Christmas Carols will be playing non stop. I always loved working as the radio was on all day with them.
@MGjhaud (20822)
im looking forward to it. it's been a while since i haven't spent Christmas or New Year outside the office.
Oh that sounds sad. I hope the Christmas spirit arrives soon!
We used to march in a Christmas parade in the city when we played in a brass band. They changed from day to night because it was too hot during the day. Our feet would be burning by the time we got to the end.
@HAPPSINGH My feet were so sore by the time we stopped. We marched through the city round several blocks so it was quite a long way.
That sounds brutal. What instrument did you play?
@Happy2BeMe It would have been tenor horn or baritone.
Have not seen one house decorated yet . . .
Probably after Thanksgiving there.
@Happy2BeMe I want to decorate sooner but mom wants to join the fun and she says after thanksgiving
@enlightenedpsych2 that is a good time to decorate. Got to take one holiday at a time.
@ramapo17 (17804)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am in Florida and I haven't seen anything yet. On the other hand, I never go out at night so I wouldn't see the lights. I did notice in the paper that the big area nearby there is a huge display of lights that the boy scouts put on to raise money and toys for Toys for Tots. I plan on going there. My family is in New Jersey and I won't be able to see them this year. My daughter and grandson were here last week.
Nice that you got to spend some time with your daughter and grandson!
@ramapo17 (17804)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Happy2BeMe Yes it was. I always feel bad that we are not together more but it is very expensive to go back and forth. so I cherish every time we can get together.
@ramapo17 Yes travelling is very expensive.
@dodo19 (27061)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We're starting to see Christmas stuff in stores and such. It's making it's presence known.
Yes it is! I love it! Your little ones must be starting to get excited!
@dodo19 (27061)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Happy2BeMe I think they are, but for us, it's a little different, as today is my daughter's birthday. So, my husband and I can't really think about Christmas until her birthday and party are over. Next week, they'll probably start getting excited.
@dodo19 Yes have to get the birthdays over first! Happy Birthday to your daughter. How old is she today?
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
I have been doing my Christmas shopping and am about half way done which always makes me happy. I think we have a parade but if it's too cold I usually don't go.
You are doing great on your Christmas Shopping I really need to get at mine!
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
@Happy2BeMe I love getting it done, mostly online love when they drop it on my porch. Not fighting the crowds, no using gas, and of course saving on lunch. Can't go Christmas shopping without going out for lunch. I think it's a law, Christmas shop you gotta go out for lunch lol.
@fishtiger58 I agree about the lunch thing. It just goes together when you are Christmas shopping!
@LoriAMoore (8625)
I won't feel Christmasy until it gets cold outside.
Oh I don't need the cold to feel festive
@ramapo17 (17804)
• Melbourne, Florida
I can understand that. Moving here to Florida two years ago from the northeast really gets me depressed during the holidays. Christmas isn't the same without snow. Of course we don't miss plowing out the huge driveway we had.
@ramapo17 Yes shovelling is definitely not something you would miss! I would take the warm weather any day.
@Hate2Iron (7310)
I haven't noticed anything at all around here. Maybe everyone is waiting for a little snow!
They could be it but I would be fine without the snow.
@Hate2Iron (7310)
@Happy2BeMe me too. I wouldn't miss it at all!
I feel the spirit, but some of those around me are very negative, which drives me crazy, some of the people in my house hold
It is not much fun being around negative people. I feel for you.
@Happy2BeMe , I agree
We don't have that Santa Clause Parade . Even at the malls there is no santa yet , but only Christmas lights and decorations .
That is nice though!
@valmnz (12574)
• New Zealand
And it's not even December yet! We have a parade early December. I don't get excited until a couple of weeks before.
That is usually the way i am too but this year the spirit hit me early and I am enjoying it
@valmnz (12574)
• New Zealand
@Happy2BeMe good on you!
@LeaPea2417 (13420)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Our town does have an annual Christmas Parade in the old downtown that has been renovated.
Do you go to it?
@LeaPea2417 (13420)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Happy2BeMe Sometimes, I do.
@rina110383 (21980)
We don't have a Santa Claus Parade though houses are filled with lots of Christmas lights and decorations. I love looking at them.
@ramapo17 (17804)
• Melbourne, Florida
I also love looking at the lights and all the decorations.
Sounds beautiful!
I'm not sure if they have one here. I will have to look into that. I love the Christmas spirit too. =) I can't wait for us to set up our new tree this year!
That will be exciting
I love parades
Me too
@FayeHazel (9307)
I do like this time of year and it's festive nature. We have light parades around here
It is a magical time of year! My favorite!
I am very excited and, feeling the spirit too. I haven't been to a parade in a long time though.
I find the parade just add to the wonderful feeling and the spirit of Christmas.
@CRK109 (14381)
There is a Santa parade in the shopping center a couple of miles from here. I've never seen the actual parade but I've gone there many times to walk around and see all the lights. I hope my new neighborhood puts up a lot of lights for Christmas. It would be a wonderful sight for me!
That would be very nice!
@franxav (3470)
I live in a predominantly non-Christian surrounding. So there are no Santa Claus parade here. However, we'll have a Christmas gathering for the children of the school and we'll bring a Santa. A teacher, a man, will dress up as Santa.
That is nice too. It is all about the children.