Married to a thief

Winder, Georgia
I was married to a thief. I should have left the ring on my finger, but I took it off to keep it safe in the globe box. The ring was an antique, a black onyx ring with a forget me not carve to a blur finish. I checked pawn shops to see it in one of the show cases. I know he took it because the ring was locked into the glove box. He also admitted to stealing my mom's engagement ring she had taken off and laid on her dresser while she showered. My mother suspected he took it. I didn't want to believe it until he admitted to me. He hid it into a place underfoot where she would find it. She knew he took it because she had already scoured the area where he hid it in her closet. I felt terrible but I was afraid room tell at the time.
I am sorry to hear that. Are you two still married =(?
@OreoBrownie ohh well you don't have to deal with a thieve ..but it hurts knowing someone you loved stole at that time.
• Winder, Georgia
@infatuatedbby it hurt at the time. I didn't end the marriage until after I knew where the ring was.
@OreoBrownie oh i see..
That is so sad and the worse betrayal when you find out you can't trust the one you love.
Such a shame your husband was stole precious things from you and your mother. Sure cannot trust a man like that ever again.
• Winder, Georgia
My mother was heart broken hunting for it and all the time he had it. I told my mom yhat if he ever admitted ti it I would make him give it back. He did it all in secret. I divorced him soon after that. It burned me up that he could steal from my ailing mother.
That's terrible. I'm glad he admitted to it at least.
• Winder, Georgia
He was sort of bragging and not counting I'd tell her.
@OreoBrownie .....Some people think that stealing and getting away with it is great fun.
• Winder, Georgia
@celticeagle THAT'S Is So True. It's a challenge.
@carebear29 (26092)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Sadly I know how you feel. My husband is the same way. I hate it.
• Winder, Georgia
It's rough.
@carebear29 (26092)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@OreoBrownie Yes it is
That would be just awful. Sorry that happened to you.
• Winder, Georgia
Stupid on my part. I didn't love him, but I liked him. I gig NY want to be alone? Now I no alone is better than being with an ingrate.
@PatZAnthony (11799)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is a terrible thing to have a thief in the family. Most have had experience with someone who is a thief, but when they are that close to us, it has to be awful.
• Winder, Georgia
It really hurts. I have to say I didn't love him when we married but I grew to love him.
• Plymouth, England
That so funny, sorry when reading it had to laugh, I can image this could be made into a film.....a comedy. What kind of a guy is he beside being a thief? Well he did admit to stealing, a plus on his side. Is he out of work or something? But only you know better of the situation and I am sorry this happened.
Thats a shameful act ..Are you still married to him
• Winder, Georgia
No I am not. Thanks for supporting me.
@acelawrites (10750)
Tha'ts so sad; to think he stole a very important thing from you and your mother! He can not be trusted.
That is sad when someone you know is a thief. I would be scared to let them back into my house.
• Winder, Georgia
I believe that would be grand theft. Mom's ring was mote than a thousand dollars.
Oh, that is just a shame. I'm sorry.
@ms1864 (7002)
• Bangalore, India
this was your heirloom that you lost?