Favorite "Dead" Songs #4 - "Dead Souls"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
We are getting down to the nitty-gritty in my Favorite "Dead" Songs series with #4: Nine Inch Nails' cover of Joy Division's "Dead Souls." Essentially multi instrumentalist Trent Reznor, industrial band Nine Inch Nails "formed" in Cleveland, Ohio in 1988 (Reznor basically forms a touring band after he puts an album together.) Nine Inch Nails is a two time Grammy Award winner and has sold over 20 million albums worldwide. From the Original Soundtrack for the 1994 Brandon Lee film The Crow, "Dead Souls" is Reznor's cover of Joy Division's classic (yes, among alternative music listener's, it's a classic) "Dead Souls." Reznor stayed true to the dark original, while giving the tune some bite, making it his own, as they say, making it a perfect fit for the dark movie. Here's the kicker: the soundtrack reached #1 on the Billboard 200, yet "Dead Souls" was not released as a single. Weird. The Crow is one of my Top 3 all time movie soundtracks. "Dead Souls" is a huge reason.
The Crow soundtrack Dead souls I dont own the crow
thank you for sharing and going to check the video out.
You're welcome. As always, I hope you like it!
@LoriAMoore (4798)
The only Nine Inch Nails I knew was "Closer"
That's a great song!
@crossbones27 (17381)
• Redlands, California
I always get upset at when people talk smack about Reznor as a musician. He is a great song writer and when you catch Johnny Cash's ear. You did something right.