How were you able to find the man or the woman of your dreams?

@annierose (17690)
I get jealous of some people who were able to meet the love of their life easily. When I was a teenager, my dream is that whoever will be my first boyfriend will also be the man I will marry someday. But it did not come true. I had been through a series of breakups. And now, I wonder if my boyfriend at present will also be the man I am going to marry at the end or will I just not get married at all. Well, only time can tell what will happen.
I had two boyfriends before to find the love of my life.
@annierose (17690)
@LadyDuck Hi Anna! It is a wonderful thing that after experiencing breakups, you were still able to have the courage to open your heart to another person.
@annierose I was the one who break the previous two. I was not sure they were the right men for me, but I immediately knew that my actual husband was.
@annierose (17690)
@LadyDuck Well, some couple do not want to get married early just because they are not sure of one another. That is one of the reasons why some just settle to live together without getting married at all. While some did not care to get married at all even they go along well, others get married after the realization that they are perfectly fit for each other.
@JustBhem (31735)
• Davao, Philippines
I thought my first love will be my husband. And I guess he is not because we broke up after 9 years. So far the longest relationship I've gone. I hope the one I have right now, I will have his last name.
@annierose (17690)
I am sorry for what happened between you and your husband. There are no more ways for you to have a second chance?
@JustBhem (31735)
• Davao, Philippines
@annierose Hmm. He is not my husband. He was my ex. And I have my 6 years boyfriend at the moment.
@annierose (17690)
@JustBhem Wow! Six years is quite long.
I was married, but he wasn't the man of my dreams.
@annierose (17690)
Oh, but you love your husband, right?
@annierose I was divorced for 22 years and am now a widow as he passed away last year. I cared for him.
@annierose (17690)
@Platespinner (16533)
I had a few crushes but no serious boyfriends before my husband and I started dating. It's funny looking back, because we had been part of the same circle of friends for awhile and he was interested in my but I was NOT interested in him. He was persistent, and I went on a date with him with the intention of telling him that he really wasn't my type. That was more than 27 years ago...and we've been married for 25 1/2.
@annierose (17690)
Hi Joanne! That is absolutely cool. You are such a nice woman. I couldn't do that with a man that I do not have a feeling with. For me, if I don't have something for the man, I would just tell it to him directly in order not to give him hope. No dates for me as I don't want him to spend money for a girl that will just dump him afterward. I think I am a bit cruel. Haha!
@annierose Our "date" was just going out for coffee. I consider a date an opportunity to get to know someone better. I went on lots of dates with people that I knew were not interested in a long-term relationship.
@annierose (17690)
@Fishmomma (11521)
My husband was the first man that I really was serious about him. He asked my father for my hand in marriage and my father was so happy that I had found the right one. We married almost one year after we had met and would have married sooner; however, a church wedding does take time to get everything organized.
@annierose (17690)
I am glad to hear about how did you find the right man for you. I hope that your relationship gets stronger and lovelier as times goes by. How many kids did you have?
@Fishmomma (11521)
@annierose We have 2 grown daughters and 1 is married no children and the other is getting ready to marry and finish her Masters Degree.
@Meramar (2299)
May it be that you await too much of the person you are looking for? Sometimes, we are not able to know if we are staying with the right person until several years passed as it takes a long time to really know the person who is next to us. We are all different, so some persons are lucky to find their partner soon. Others, need to mature this statement.
@annierose (17690)
@Meramar I got a persistent suitor before. He was very determined to have me and I think that if only I also had the feelings for him, I might be already married at the moment. He courted me many times and for many times, I did reject him too. Thanks God that he finally gave up on me.
The man of my dreams is not who I will marry. I know that and I am good with that. I just want to live life to the fullest without the paper and stress. I cna have everything I want and still not be married. Marriage means so little to me and so much to others. I hope and pray I never get married again. I do however hope your dreams of marriage come true. Good luck with that.
@annierose (17690)
@sharon6345 Hi Sharon! I am intrigued why you do not want to get married again. Do you mind to tell the reason why?