Christmas On Schedule

Green Bay, Wisconsin
All the presents are wrapped and under the tree. I have figured out a couple more decorations and they are in place. I still have a few more to decide where to go with them. I invited my youngest to church on Saturday, he said 'No'. I didn't expect he would go, partly because he's also working that day and needs his sleep. I called my oldest and he is going along with his girlfriend and children. So that worked out well. During the time when I cannot be on the computer I went shopping once again for the final time before Christmas. This time to get the rest of the menu for Christmas dinner. No more presents. They're all taken care of. I also got my poinsettia. I still have the baking to do, and I'll do that tomorrow. I'll be making my mother's applesauce raisin loaf. I've had that every year for Christmas while Mom was alive. I'm not breaking that tradition now, or I should say I'm starting it up again as it's been a few years since I had any. I will also make fudge tomorrow. I bought Christmas cookies. I have a press, but I have no luck with it. So I cheated with the cookies. I also bought a boxed cake that I will make up either tomorrow or Saturday. I also picked up a salad from the deli counter for Christmas dinner. So the menu is complete. So now I don't just need to read about what all you are baking. I'm joining in the baking fun. My apartment will smell delicious tomorrow and Saturday and look great on Sunday. I'm planning on sitting down to dinner at 2 on Sunday. While wrapping the rest of the presents I also took the last two episodes of Mars off the DVR and found March of the Wooden Soldiers to record on TCM. I think that's the only one I'm recording. That's what I've been doing. How about you? How are your plans for Christmas coming along? Are you ready or still have last minute shopping to do? Thanks for reading. Now onto the notifications and what you're doing today.
I am ready.
That's good to hear.
My grandson is coming so we are having a ham and I bought a chocolate creamed pie. So we went and got him a small present for him to unwrap here. I will bake and decorate some sugar cookies. Those are his favorite cookies/
I also have a gingerbread cookie mix so I'll probably make some gingerbread men too.
@just4him Gingerbread cookies sound really good.
@jstory07 I made them last year and they were so good. I'll make them tomorrow.
Just another day for us.It will be a quiet one.Just Mike and I
I've always found those quiet holidays to be depressing. I hope yours won't be.
@KristenH (25161)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
You've been busy.
Yes I have and I'm almost done. Just the baking left.
@KristenH (25161)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him God bless your heart. I'll be baking a chocolate pudding pie this weekend. My cousin used to make it, when my family visited her for the holidays in the past.
@KristenH That sounds good.
I have a little baking to do tomorrow, I want to make sugar cookies and have to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast on christmas, making them the day before means no one has to bake for breakfast, which is the idea
I thought about that, but with all the baking I'm doing tomorrow, I'll skip the cinnamon rolls.
@just4him I cheated and grabbed a couple cans of cinnamon rolls, the premade and just need baked kind
@Jessicalynnt I would do that for any day but Christmas.
@just4him I have to wrap presents and mail cards some reason I just didn't do it fast enough this year. Glad you are so prepared! I am going to send the cards Friday! Merry Christmas!
You really are last minute. My baking got off track today. I need ingredients and the weather - it's snowing, and the traffic - real bad, stopped me from going to get them. I'll get them tomorrow after church.
@just4him It is 39 degrees here. But my sister went out today and said it was crazy with all the people out. No white Christmas for us will be in the 40's Saturday and Sunday. I can imagine traffic on this day those getting their last minute presents! That I do have covered and wrapped early this morning!
@Marty1 It as in mid 30's, but the wind chill made it feel colder and no doubt brought the snow instead of rain.
@Gillygirl (17605)
• Sutton, England
We are all ready now and like you sit down to dinner at 2PM. Have a wonderful Christmas
Thank you. You too. Doesn't it feel good to be ready?
@Gillygirl (17605)
• Sutton, England
@just4him It sure does and now I'm sitting back catching up on notifications with a cup of coffee
• Trinidad And Tobago
Wow, you are so well organized and into the spirit of the season. I didn't get my present so I have to make do with what I got. I am so not happy with that this year. All else is on schedule, but more on the quiet side.
I'm sorry you didn't get a present this year.
@valmnz (12860)
• New Zealand
It sounds like you're going to have a really great Christmas
I really hope so. I've been working hard to make it a good one for everyone.
@garymarsh6 (14602)
Good morning to you. It sounds like you are very organised. Sadly I am not. I am going out present shopping this morning. I have been up since five AM and I am ready to hit the shops early before the rush I hope as it is the least thing I like to do. Have a wonderful Christmas!
You really waited until last minute. I hope you find something still on the shelves. Thank you. It looks like it will be.
I did my grocery shopping so that is done and I have to bag up a few more presents but I did a lot of cleaning today so we are pretty much under control.
That's great!
In case I don't see you, I want to wish you a very, very happy and merry Christmas! XOX
Thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful Hanukkah.
Your home looks lovely .
Thank you. I got more decorations up so it's really looking festive in the living room.
@AliCanary (1854)
All the baked goods have my mouth watering! I used to enjoy attending our church's candlelight service on Christmas Eve with my family.
It's the highlight of the Christmas season.
What part does the applesauce play in the raisin loaf? I love the smell of baking bread.
It's called applesauce raisin loaf. So quite a bit.
We just set up a new Fan, some gift from a couple of days ago. It's been a quiet christmas here at our end.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas on Christmas Day.
Glad to hear Christmas is on schedule.
So am I. I'm glad I got a head start on it instead of waiting to the last moment.
@DWDavis (15061)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I still have a few more gifts to wrap. Those will be taken care of tomorrow. Saturday we go to my sister's house for the family Christmas Eve dinner, and then we'll go to midnight service at church. I did go out today, but not for presents, for batteries. We needed more AA.
I always make certain I'm stocked up well for batteries. Sounds like a good Christmas Eve.
@silvermist (20114)
@just4him It was nice to read how you planned everything for Christmas.Now for a Happy New Year.
Christmas was perfect. I've never had a better one.
@silvermist (20114)
@just4him That is wonderful.Happy to know you had a perfect Christmas.
@silvermist Thank you. It was good.
Oh I want to see that tree this year. O that was beautiful
I have it up, but not decorated yet. Will need to do that today. I just haven't had time.