Unlikely TV Crossover plots - Mr Ed – The Beverley Hillbillies

Preston, England
Mr Ed's Love And The Single Horse was one of the oddest and least likely of all cross-over plots, featuring Granny (Irene Ryan) from the Beverley Hillbillies, who stumbled into a waxworks museum where a petulant sulking Mr Ed had inexplicably disguised himself as an exhibit by simply standing very still. Wilbur Post (Alan Young) was disguised as another exhibit, a Native American tribal chief, so that he could talk the talking horse (that only ever talks to him) into coming home when the museum visitors were not looking. Granny Clampett is one of the curious and interfering visitors who noticed that something strange was going on. She advised Wilbur how to make his sore head better, assuming that he must have gone crazy from banging it on something. Why she was visiting the museum at all and where the rest of the Clampett family were was never stated. Ryan was not named as Granny (or identified at all) though she was dressed in character and speaking in the very distinctive accent she created specifically for the role. Raymond Bailey, who played the Clampett’s bank manager Mr Drysdale, also appeared in the episode (though never alongside Irene Ryan), but he had a clearly identified role as Mr. Durvis, a book-publisher (presented with Mr Ed’s autobiography for his consideration, oblivious that it was written by a horse). Ryan’s appearance was a daring use of a character without full copyright permission, so Granny appeared in all but name, though it was obvious who she was and why she was used. Youtube – the whole episode Arthur Chappell
Enjoy Playlists: http://goo.gl/67QGK5
I always loved Mr Ed. Will have to watch this later
• Preston, England
@Jessicalynnt looks like most of the series is on Youtube
@arthurchappell cool, thanks
I remember this one. It was kind of strange. I don't remember Granny going anywhere alone that I can think of.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 very true - she rarely left the house without Jed
@FayeHazel (10878)
Wow, I never knew of such an episode though I have watched both series
I have never seen this before. Sure did watch the Beverly Hillbillies and Mr. Ed as a kid, though. Thank you for the interesting link! Off to take a look.
I am saving this link to watch later, it sounds interesting to watch.
I never knew of this episode. Granny meets Mr. Ed. Sounds surreal.