Successful Morning

Green Bay, Wisconsin
For those of you who read the first chapter of my newest novel, Three Wishes of Christmas, I needed to get information about the indoor skating rink. I went to City Hall this morning after swimming and talked with a wonderful woman there in Parks and Recreation. She has since also sent me needed information about an indoor skating rink. Yes, it's feasible. Now I can move forward with that novel, and I think I'll also be moving forward to the end of Freedom's Cry. Thoughts and ideas have been starting to form on that one too so I can finish it. I also called a friend who lives close and had wanted to come over when I got the apartment ready for visitors. Finding a day when that's possible has been difficult, but I'm finding more time right now that I'm home and not running off somewhere, though I will be gone tomorrow for a good part of the afternoon. I have counseling and doing laundry too. So things are looking up for the newest book, and now that the sun has moved across my window enough so I can work here, I'll get some work done here as well. I have a few notifications to keep me busy. What has occupied your day? Thanks for reading.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Just some speaker refinishing and a short MyLot post so far. Oh, and bagels and lox for breakfast. Yours sounds way more productive! However, I'm hoping to get out for a cycle this afternoon.
Since the day is winding down, did you get your cycling in?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@just4him I did! I got a couple of short cycles in, and even filled up my tires, which were getting flattish as the air cools in these parts.
@CoralLevang (16107)
And you didn't invite me over for lox and bagels?
I am glad the new book is going well, I loved what I read.
Thank you and now that I know the ice rink is feasible, I can move forward.
@just4him the fact it's inside? there is one inside at a mall in texas, or for YOUR area you mean?
The Galleria Dallas Ice Skating Center shows skating can be a fun and healthy activity for people of all ages and abilities. The Galleria Dallas Ice Skating Center offers private ice rentals, public sessions and group ice skating lessons. The Galleria Dall
@Jessicalynnt I was thinking about the inside one in the mall in Texas when I wrote that. This will be in a store though, not a mall.
@CoralLevang (16107)
I am so pleased to read this, Valerie. I have yet to get my space readied enough for visitors.It's been much too long.
I'm very happy with the way things worked out today and my apartment is so - um - organized - that I'm very pleased with the results. I don't like to bandy that word around too much. People might think I've turned a new leaf and my life has become - um - organized.
@CoralLevang (16107)
@just4him I wish I had somebody to come in and help me do this. I'm not bad enough for the hoarders yet it wouldn't make a great TV show, but about half as bad but I need one of those counselors and people to come in and just help me do it
@CoralLevang I have a friend who could be on hoarders. She only had pathways through her house to get where she wanted to go. There was so much stuff piled everywhere it was insane. I just talked to her a couple days ago and she said how it's getting bad again. She had moved since I saw her last and things were better for a little while. Not anymore from what she said. I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you either need to start throwing stuff out or donating it to the thrift stores.
Good to hear you are getting the info you need for your book. I need to get busy with my short stories and couple of books I have in the works. Hope you find a day when you can have your friend over.
She'll call. Right now she couldn't because she has a bad cold and doesn't want to spread it around.
@just4him .....Good for her.
Good that your books are coming together. We are going out to lunch with friends so I'll be off to have a shower and get ready soon.
Have a great lunch. Thanks. I'm glad they are too.
Spent most of the day on my laptop but tomorrow I have a different plan.
I hope your plan is a good one. I will be gone more than I'm here tomorrow.
everything.Playing tennis,working out,taking in some shopping.Now they tell me I am a nut whack
Really? How do you whack nuts?
Good luck with your writing. I've had a lazy day, it's been lovely.
Everyone needs lazy days. Thank you.