#haiku_1

The moon is my muse The winter my spirit. P.S my haiku does not follow the traditional norms. Photo credit- internet.
Then it isn't a haiku. A haiku has lines of 5,7,5 syllables - three separate lines.
@jaboUK I get that Jabo! See I wrote that it doesn't follow the traditional haiku rules? It's more of a two liner, yes, but I have come across many social pages who write haiku without bothering about the syllables. Maybe it's not justified okay. But they do. So, I just tried my hand in it. But perhaps I should stop calling them haiku and just name them two-liners eh?
@The_Bong_Woman I think that would be best. Calling yours a haiku is like saying that an apple is a pear It's the same as some people calling 4-liners 'limericks', which they clearly are not. Anyway, I was distracted from saying that your 2-liner is very good.
@jaboUK thank you.
• Preston, England
As long as it is a good poem as yours is, it doesn't matter that it doesn't follow the rules
@arthurchappell thank you so much! Most of the time I write long poems which are in a blank verse form. So, I guess I just applied verse libre in haiku!
• Preston, England
@The_Bong_Woman it is basically about saying as much as possible in few words
What it means "haiku"?
@TheInvisibleMan haiku is a traditional form of poetry that originated in Japan where there are basically two lines (as far as I know): the first line is made up of five syllables and the second one is made up of seven syllables.
@The_Bong_Woman Interesting. Thanks.
@TheInvisibleMan sure anytime!
@LaJenna (136)
Morning! The 2 lines you have written make me know you would write even better ones using the 5-7-5 syllable method. Try it!
Yeah... I guess so. I will give it a try though.
@masood72 (4173)
• Amersfoort, Netherlands
nice narration and good thoughts.
@masood72 thank you!
@avi256 (4030)
• Pune, India
The poem is nice, kind of short and sweet. Also, I came to know what haiku is, as never heard that term before.