Backache

@stealthy (8189)
Starting yesterday I've been suffering with a lower backache. I some times get one but usually it is on the right side this time it is on the left which makes me wonder what caused it. The only thing I can think of is that I slept in a bad position or twisted it when trying to get more comfortable to help me fall asleep. When it is on the right I think it may be do to what I think are some cysts in that area that occasionally get larger and that is when I get pain there. Many years ago(something like 50) I had a ruptured epidermal inclusion cyst in that area that was removed with outpatient surgery.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
If the pain continues, will you have this checked out?
@stealthy (8189)
It depends on how long it continues. I can usually endure such things until they get better. I have a fairly high pain tolerance and almost never take pain medication.
@KristenH (19907)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Ouch. I had lower back pain three years ago. Try getting a memory foam pillow or a new mattress or bed. Have you taken medicine or put heat or ice on it? Maybe it would help.
@stealthy (8189)
As, I said, I have high pain tolerance and seldom take medicine for it.
@KristenH (19907)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@stealthy Okay try heat and ice though.
@ms1864 (6969)
• Bangalore, India
Hope you feel better soon.
@stealthy (8189)
Thanks, it is better today.
Do you think you might need another surgery?
@stealthy (8189)
No, but once I get a new doctor, mine retired and there is a shortage here, I need to ask if the bumps on my lower back are cyst or not and if so, can they cause back pain.
It could be from the way you slept, just keep a watch on it and if it gets too bad or last too long then check it out with your doctor.
@Deepizzaguy (7298)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My back troubles are usually the result of cold weather which makes my attempts to get out of bed an adventure.