It's A Library Shhh

@flapiz (4151)
Australia
I have no laptop at the moment. And so I have to rely on public libraries to get my school work done. What pains me is when some people forget it's the library and start talking too loud like they are in the market. I seriously can't concentrate and I feel the urge to be grumpy and tell them off but I'm too polite.
Loud talk is becoming epidemic everywhere. In movie theaters, libraries, etc.
@flapiz (4151)
It would be nice to fine people when they do that. God it's annoying! I might as well earn from it
@shaynas (5529)
That's a very big issue, hope people become more considerate and careful.
@flapiz (4151)
Indeed. They can always just chitchat outside the library there's a beautiful spot there. I suppose the my were just inside for the airconditioning.
@shaynas (5529)
@flapiz I hope someone tells them, they are not allowed to talk there :)
@flapiz (4151)
@shaynas No one did and so I'm guessing I'll see them (or rather hear them) again next time.
@magallon (17937)
That's the problem with other people. They are not considerate with others.
@flapiz (4151)
Indeed just so annoying. I was trying my best to hide my agitation.
@magallon (17937)
@flapiz But sometimes I really can't hold my temper, I call their attention..
@flapiz (4151)
@magallon I wish I was as brace as you are :)
Well, you can always approach the librarian , for her to remind those noisy ones , so as they won't get offended of you telling them that .
@flapiz (4151)
They've gone now. Tolerance is the key but seriously how can people be so inconsiderate?
@flapiz They do that because no one stops them from doing it .
@flapiz (4151)
@SIMPLYD Oh God no but yep I'm guessing I'll hear them again next time I visit.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Here in the U.S., most public libraries no longer make any attempt to control noise levels. Their solution instead is to designate certain "quiet study areas" rather than police an entire building. I know this from experience, as I worked in a library for 8 years, and it was always a sticking point with me. I grew up during the days when you COULD expect things to be quiet in libraries. So my bosses weren't impressed when I'd tell people to quiet down, as I was not making them feel welcome. Many libraries here in the U.S. are now more community centers rather than book repositories, which I find sad. Homeless people go there to sleep, kids have the run of the entire building, and the focus is on bringing as many people in for the funding that goes along with that. Good luck. I hope you can convince YOUR library staff that "Silence is indeed golden!"
@flapiz (4151)
I feel you. I think majority of he people there were just there for the free airconditioning. One man was eating his meal there, which I find rather inappropriate. And there is only one librarian and she's in the ground floor manning the checkouts.
The silence gets too loud and bothers me at places like that, I need some 'white noise' in the background or I hear my ears ringing and it drives me nuts
@flapiz (4151)
The noise I heard wasn't white at all. But I understand your point. I used to think that before.
@carexing25 (1832)
one reason why i don't go to the library when I was a student.. the most talkative people are there...
@flapiz (4151)
I thought the sleepy ones are there but apparently yes the talkative ones are there too