I hate going to work after the holidays

@Madshadi (3074)
Brussels, Belgium
Tomorrow is the only day that is left of my holidays. After staying home for nearly two weeks, it will not be easy to go to work again. Not to mention that I will have to get used to waking up early again. Normally it would take two to three days for me to get used to having work again. Do you hate it as well? Or do you miss your work after staying home for two weeks?
I don't like it either.
Mostly I didn't mind going back to work after holidays although I certainly enjoyed the time off too.
Now retired, but when I was working I used to hate going back to work.
I am person who loves working.I was working almost all part of the day,every day and I liked it.But now I am mother and for me this is the best job ever.
@cahaya1983 (7810)
The withdrawal syndrome - all too familiar, haha. That's exactly how I felt right after getting back into my work routine. The struggle is real!!
@Madshadi (3074)
• Brussels, Belgium
That's how it's called? I knew that I wasn't alone in this feeling but I didn't know that they had a name for that.
@Madshadi (3074)
• Brussels, Belgium
@cahaya1983 I would go for that term. How long does it usually take you to get back to your work routine?
@Madshadi Not very long, maybe a couple of days. I can't start work immediately after returning from my vacation. I'm self-employed though, so it's pretty flexible for me.
@magallon (17113)
That is vacation hangover.. I think it normally happens to all of us working.. It is really good to stay home... but we need to work for a living..
@Madshadi (3074)
• Brussels, Belgium
Yeah that's another term to use along with the withdrawal syndrome. Yeah we can't be free all the time.
@magallon (17113)
@Madshadi We will be starving if we won't work..
@Madshadi (3074)
• Brussels, Belgium
@magallon yeah wish it's not like that though lol
Of course nobody likes to go to work after the holidays. But there is even something worse. My son had the exams right after the holidays. I think it is even worse than working after holidays. It means to say that you can not really enjoy your holidays but go over your lessons so that you may get good scores. And it also means there will be more homework.
@Madshadi (3074)
• Brussels, Belgium
Yeah I remember those days. While everyone else was having fun was sitting in my room studying. At least now I don't have that. I hope your son will get a good score for his exam.
@Madshadi I hope so, too. Since I will have the parents' meeting next Tuesday
@diosabella (4843)
I totally agree! unless work starts at noon.
@jyoti3 (116)
yes holidays makes us lazy and we come in our comfort zone and after that we are not willing to go anywhere.