Did you have gallstone problems?

@averygirl72 (13801)
My aunt have surgery yesterday for her gallstones. I remember one of my uncle got one too. Do you know the real cause of gallstones? I pray I will not have one. I heard it's cause by cholesterol or fats. I like eating pork fats. Have you encountered this health problem before?
• Peoria, Arizona
IT is basically just too much cholesterol. The best thing to prevent is just cut down on salts and stuff or just have it in moderation and also drink a lot of water to wash the sodium out.
@averygirl72 (13801)
I think drinking a lot of water is what will I do. You never had one?
• Peoria, Arizona
@averygirl72 No, not at all. haha I am also young so things break down in my body a little faster.
@averygirl72 (13801)
@DesirousDreamer So your still young and healthy. When I grow old I don't want to have that
No.
@averygirl72 (13801)
Good for you
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
My dad had to have surgery to remove gall stones it is too much cholesterol. If you are worried you could have a blood test to check whether yours is at a healthy level.
@averygirl72 (13801)
Oh I see blood test would help to determine the level of cholesterol.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@averygirl72 Yes it would and if there was any chance it was too high you can have statins which will reduce it. If by any chance it was high you can have statins to reduce it. Mine was high years ago but now it's normal. I didn't develop gall stones either.
@PainsOnSlate (19188)
All I know is gallstones is caused by cholesterol and some other things we eat, my mother had a surgery for that too... I try to eat well and healthy. Good food, healthy food and small portions.
@averygirl72 (13801)
So it's really popular. I will try to eat small portions of food high in cholesterol
@rina110383 (23095)
Haven't encountered gallstone problems.
@averygirl72 (13801)
Good for you
This is why I avoid eating pork as much as possible and focus more in having more vegetables and eating light meat cow. But i had my lab test last year and it was normal.
@averygirl72 (13801)
Maybe I should avoid eating pork fat now. Good your lab test is normal
My gallbladder was taken out year ago. Due to what they call sludge in it.
@averygirl72 (13801)
We can still live healthy after the gallbladder is taken out?
@cahaya1983 (9475)
Not me personally but my uncle had them and went through surgery too.
@averygirl72 (13801)
Yes it seems popular .
I have heard abut it, but I am not sure what causes it. You can try looking it up on the internet.
@averygirl72 (13801)
I will read more about it. I'm scared to have that.
I'm not sure what causes gall-stones. Someone here will know so hopefully they will be able to enlighten us both.
@averygirl72 (13801)
You don't have gallstones? Do you eat fatty or greasy foods?